• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

13 year old homeschooler... not your average bear...

And I find it interesting that nobody has agreed that the level of socialization can't be replicated. It can be replaced with one you feel is satisfactory. I have been blasted for not agreeing with the few of you. And my point keeps being side stepped. With a " see this study" one of which was laughable. I literally manipulate statics in my favor every day. Forgive me if I am no so easily convinced. http://www.stat.columbia.edu/~gelman/bag-of-tricks/chap10.pdf there is good article.

It can be replicated in prison. You are smarter than continuing this inane and selective argument. Surely your debate or philosophy classes enlightened you to the point that circular reasoning is just that....Go play with your kid, I am about to wrestle with my boys... you started with a reasonable preface but weakened it with the" nananana booboo" everything is relative and manipulated.

How is what I said any different than your continued insistence that homeschooled kids do not get YOUR required level of socialization???

It's not my level. It's society as a whole. It's more than reading a book to take a test. It's understanding different cultures and people with different back grounds. It's understanding people. It is the ability to walk into a room and start a conversation with someone you've never met. It's about the ability to respect other peoples feelings. It's about knowing when to talk and when to listen. It's the human experience that your children won't share with millions of other people.

How is what I said any different than your continued insistence that homeschooled kids do not get YOUR required level of socialization???

It's not my level. It's society as a whole. It's more than reading a book to take a test. It's understanding different cultures and people with different back grounds. It's understanding people. It is the ability to walk into a room and start a conversation with someone you've never met. It's about the ability to respect other peoples feelings. It's about knowing when to talk and when to listen. It's the human experience that your children won't share with millions of other people.

I think someone is watching too much PBS World.

I'd really like to know how in the world you came to the conclusion that home school = raised in a bubble? Like home school kids aren't perfectly capable of everything you've mentioned? WTH? :confused:

I seriously hope you are trolling because otherwise - well never mind...

If you are all things to all people why can you not convince the diverse group of posters here that you sincerely are looking for information? Communication deficiencies? Selective response? Wrong messaging? Mis-speaking(favorite of politicians)? What an assumption that home school kids will not be able to communicate on a multicultural level. Could you walk into a home and start a conversation with a homeschool parent? Your level appears to be as deficient as those you would deem as..., how shall we say? "unsocialized"? Do you understand the Zulu customs in Africa? Or the Aboriginal rights of passage? What a waste of time, gotta go.

Back
Top Bottom