• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

13 year old homeschooler... not your average bear...

Actually just read the entire paper. Not sure I am convinced. Several bits of different studies are cited to form a complete thought. It reads well but there are too many cited studies for me to read all of them. Without reading all the cited studies it is impossible to discern their value. Things like sample size, reasons for homeschooling, length of time kis were home schooled, qualifications of the teachers were addressed but we don't have enough info to compare. This to me is manipulation of data at its finest. As a regular manipulator of data I will say that it is well done.

In English, this translates to:

"Wow, that paper really convinced me but I cannot show it now. I have nothing else to argue, so I will find any loophole I can in order to see that my daughter gets indoctrinated just how the government sees fit."

Sincerely,
cho35

In English, this translates to:

"Wow, that paper really convinced me but I cannot show it now. I have nothing else to argue, so I will find any loophole I can in order to see that my daughter gets indoctrinated just how the government sees fit."

Sincerely,
cho35

Really? This is what you teach your kids? "He has a different opinion, let's make a dumb comment and hope he gets offended enough to get flustered"

Cho, I forgot that you were probably taught that truth is relative in public school, sorry. You no longer sound as if you are on an unbiased search for information but just argument or debate for entertainment. Too bad, thought you may have been more open to alternatives. This education issue will resurface soon in your life, hope you make the best decision for your precious little girl, sincerely.

Did you enroll your kids in school only to become frustrated enough to take them out? Or was it home schooling from the get go?

Did you enroll your kids in school only to become frustrated enough to take them out? Or was it home schooling from the get go?

Everyone here as answered your questions and provided you with studies you have summarily dismissed. See Stuckon8's post above as he pretty much just called it for you.

Cho, I forgot that you were probably taught that truth is relative in public school, sorry. You no longer sound as if you are on an unbiased search for information but just argument or debate for entertainment. Too bad, thought you may have been more open to alternatives. This education issue will resurface soon in your life, hope you make the best decision for your precious little girl, sincerely.

No trolling here. I seriously wanting to know the reasons why everyone has given up on public school. I'm not here to poke fun. I am asking simple questions. If you chose this study to base your child's entire life off of. Ok. That is the answer I am looking for. If you have an overall distrust in the government, you think your kid would be bullied, pressured into a gang or become a druggy. Ok. Religious view etc. I am interested. The paper actually states that overall dissatisfaction with the school system is main reason. I want to know where this is coming from. Is it from personal experience? Your church? Your political party?

Really? This is what you teach your kids? "He has a different opinion, let's make a dumb comment and hope he gets offended enough to get flustered"
Actually, I advise my kids against this type of behavior because they also play the "loophole" game from time to time.

Late start - just watched the video... The kid is very articulate and has some good points. Our society and the education system is definitely not set up to teach or value people being HAPPY. The original intent was to educate people just enough for them to be good workers. They do not want a truly educated society. Educated people will provide from themselves rather than voting for the person that will give them the most freebies...

Back
Top Bottom