• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

13 year old homeschooler... not your average bear...

http://www.nmu.edu/education/sites/DrupalEducation/files/UserFiles/Moreau_Kathi_MP.pdf ]

Hopefully this will answer some questions, actually it should close the thread because it puts to rest all of the anti-homeschoolers arguments....it is a research paper written by a student seeking her Masters in Education so it combines studies and other material with proper credit and it was written by someone with an Education degree....but I'm sure someone will be able to contradict all of their previous posts by giving reason that this is incorrect. Hopefully the link works, if not I'll try again...please pay close attention to the "Abstract" in the opening pages, and the "Myths" as listed in the paper.

I would think it will be difficult for a few people to argue these findings....but I could be wrong as they have been told this over and over and refuse to comprehend..

You know, technically speaking my wife home schooled herself right through college. She went to public school for high school, but got pregnant her senior year. She graduated high school and enrolled in an online program at Darton College where she obtained her first degree without ever stepping foot on campus. To this day she has no clue what the actual school looks like. When she went for her second degree she enrolled in the online program at Armstrong Atlantic. She had to go to the actual campus to take a test right before graduation, and then again for graduation, but like Darton she never did a single class at the school.

Today she runs the laboratory at a large hospital and seems to do quite alright even though her circumstance lead her to an unconventional path of education.

http://www.nmu.edu/education/sites/DrupalEducation/files/UserFiles/Moreau_Kathi_MP.pdf ]

Hopefully this will answer some questions, actually it should close the thread because it puts to rest all of the anti-homeschoolers arguments....it is a research paper written by a student seeking her Masters in Education so it combines studies and other material with proper credit and it was written by someone with an Education degree....but I'm sure someone will be able to contradict all of their previous posts by giving reason that this is incorrect. Hopefully the link works, if not I'll try again...please pay close attention to the "Abstract" in the opening pages, and the "Myths" as listed in the paper.

I would think it will be difficult for a few people to argue these findings....but I could be wrong as they have been told this over and over and refuse to comprehend..

There we go. A real paper.

The Kathi essay is an excellent read. Start "walking" CHO and good luck on your journey in seeking the best for your child.

There are many different opinions and experience from both sides of the fence on this matter. At the end of the day, its your family decision. Its not your job to make others agree or understand its also not others job to educate or understand your decision. Your one and only job is to take care of your family.

There we go. A real paper.

Actually just read the entire paper. Not sure I am convinced. Several bits of different studies are cited to form a complete thought. It reads well but there are too many cited studies for me to read all of them. Without reading all the cited studies it is impossible to discern their value. Things like sample size, reasons for homeschooling, length of time kis were home schooled, qualifications of the teachers were addressed but we don't have enough info to compare. This to me is manipulation of data at its finest. As a regular manipulator of data I will say that it is well done.

Actually just read the entire paper. Not sure I am convinced. Several bits of different studies are cited to form a complete thought. It reads well but there are too many cited studies for me to read all of them. Without reading all the cited studies it is impossible to discern their value. Things like sample size, reasons for homeschooling, length of time kis were home schooled, qualifications of the teachers were addressed but we don't have enough info to compare. This to me is manipulation of data at its finest. As a regular manipulator of data I will say that it is well done.

Suprize

Back
Top Bottom