• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

“ My AR runs, so it's fine"

If snob is defined as liking one's **** to function as it should, then absolutely

So I have just a few high end AR’s, and a few PSA’s that I have torture tested.. I am very impressed they all get proper maintenance and inspections..

To say emphatically say that because they are a PSA and therefore won’t run is arrogant..

hahahahaha! "My used toilet paper still wipes so it must be fine".

To the OP, great topic but too little info. Here's a good article on what to clean and look at on your AR-15s, though we'd need a real gunsmith to post tolerance specs and fault measurements.

https://www.ammoland.com/2016/05/ar-15-maintenance-care/

No sir, as the author I gave out exactly as much info as I wanted and intended. I’m here to help those who help themselves.

Like another gentleman stated above, School of the American Rifle is a great fount of information.

So I have just a few high end AR’s, and a few PSA’s that I have torture tested.. I am very impressed they all get proper maintenance and inspections..

To say emphatically say that because they are a PSA and therefore won’t run is arrogant..
I never said because something is PSA that it WON'T run, but certainly has better chance of not performing properly than say a BCM, or Colt, or true FN, or pick a number of quality companies.

If you know what to look for specs-wise, and can check your parts, you can build a decent rifle from PSA parts. PSA’s “assembly”, however, is horrendous. I wouldn’t trust them to paint my porch.

If you do get a bad part from PSA, good luck dealing with their “customer service” to have the problem rectified.

I’ve seen enough fail to know so!
If I got to run through a third of the ammo you do I'd probably be bored with it by now and take up golf or fishing.
But yeah I watch Robski at the AKOU channel and needless to say not all AKs are created equal. Some way less equal than others.

I never said because something is PSA that it WON'T run, but certainly has better chance of not performing properly than say a BCM, or Colt, or true FN, or pick a number of quality companies.

I am sorry you said function, I assumed that meant run and function. it does in everyone else’s book..

I am more than a passive shooter...

8CF4EBA2-4CF2-4872-ACB3-36027601C277.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom