• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Would you sell a gift?

Would you sell a gun that was gifted to you?

• Heck yea! It's yours!

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • Nope, it's an insult to your friend

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • I like my tacos like I like my women, not talking.

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters

Candy Corn Rocks

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
38   0
Reaction score
Just wondering out there. Say you get a gun as a gift from a friend. It's not your style and it might be more difficult to maintain than most of your other guns. Would you sell it to get something you wanted or keep it as it was a gift from a friend?

New gun or used gun?

I have gifted the kids some guns that the wife and I don't enjoy but kept because the kids liked them.

I have gifted my siblings and parents weapons when they stated they would like something like that.

But, I have never given something that I didn't know they liked or wanted.

Now, I have received weapons that were redistributed, sold, traded, or bartered because they didn't fit into my overall collection. But, I always check before proceeding with the person I received it from.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Generally I'd sell it, it's a tool and there are very few firearms that I have a special connection to, such as a love for the M1 Garand as a piece of WWII history. If we are talking about a family heirloom, that's something different.

I'd probably sell, but I'd bring it up to the friend first. You don't want an awkward situation where y'all are out shooting one day and he asks where it is.

Ooooooh let's see it
20190804_200607.jpg
20190804_200559.jpg

Back
Top Bottom