• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

With practice ammo hard to come by, what are you practicing?

csDj5YLSRjyq0EnZ%C1hdQ.jpg
I sit in my basement all day long while working and practice target acquisition and getting to the wall over and over and over...being fairly new to "focused" firearms training, I can already tell it is helping. I also have been watching the various pistol training classes on WPSN, I personally enjoy them.

I highly recommend getting a copy of Ben Stoeger's Dryfire Reloaded to help in building an effective dry-fire routine. The pro shop sells a kit that includes the book and a couple of scaled cardboard targets that you can hang with painter's tape.

I've reworked my teaching to include on-the-range dry fire between live-fire runs. Initial feedback from students is very positive, and I think it's more effective for everyone's long-term progression than just doing live fire. Plus it tamps down round count

I have about 1000 rounds of .38 Super Auto for an old Colt 1911 with 8 RD mags. This is my new "9" and it will have to suffice for range time until prices and supply stabilize for 9mm and .223/5.56. Recently paid $15.99 per box of 50 .38 Super Auto (bought 500 rounds) to supplement what I already had. The CMMG .22LR Converters may still be available for ARs, just have to search well. And .22LR can still be had.

I briefly watched a TNP video this afternoon and they were at Gunnies in Orem, UT. In the video, the gun cases were filled with guns of every type with lots of ammo on the shelves. Fortunately, they sell online, https://www.gunniesonline.com/
Right... The only bulk ammo they have online is M33 ball so you can run cheap plinking ammo through your Barrett...

They also have some rather pricey .40 and some oddball calibers. They don't have any more ammo than anyone else does online.

Back
Top Bottom