• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

With practice ammo hard to come by, what are you practicing?

I usually got through 500 to 1000 rounds in a month different guns and calibers, but starting this month I've slowed down a little.

I’ve owned a gun for a long time, but just starting to really take training seriously. I’m trying to get to the range at least 2 or 3 times a month to practice with my long-time owned handgun and my newly owned AR...the AR is a blast to shoot and not too hard to place shots on target. At home I’m really trying to practice getting sights on target from the draw and also from the 2nd position. Taking an AR tactical class in September I’m really looking forward to

I load my own pistol ammo and fortunately stocked up on primers last year. I did switch from reloading 9mm with Sport Pistol to Clean Shot when the former turned into a unicorn powder. Coated lead bullets are still readily available and I have enough JHPs for matches.

There’s an ammo shortage? Hadn’t noticed.

In the Mercer Household we buy what we need before we need it...and everyone else suddenly needs it too.

Good policy right there^^^^^^^^

Mine has always been to set a high "zero quantity" on my ammo count for each caliber.....and never let it get below that number.

Back
Top Bottom