• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why does everybody hate 40 s&w

The fact that the government can't get it's sh$t together and settle on a caliber should not guide our choices as free men. Goverment agencies always have to cater to the smallest, blindest and least athletic people on the payroll. Somebody made a joke about the cops going to 22lr a couple of pages back that really isn't to far from the truth. I know many agencies are issuing FN's in 5.7 including secret service. Now I would hope the secret service is using the proper steel core armor piercer but I would bet APD SWAT is only using the hollow point. No bueno !

I love it! guns are cheaper on the used market and I swap 9mm for .40 ammo round for round to .40 haters so the ammo is a wash. I like 9mm too, but I can appreciate the extra pop the .40 gives you

Plus I think a used, non-railed p226 or p229 is a $500 gun whether 9mm or .40

I have one or two of those I think.

i96.photobucket.com_albums_l172_snickelson1_20151012_114741_zpspq7ite1z.jpg

That one at the top sure is purdy.

You asked....

For me, asking $550-600 for a 20+ year old Sig P229 won't excite me no matter WHAT caliber it is. And yes, I know, extra stuff. Don't care really. Still too much money. And I have 5 or 6 guns in 40 S&W already. In fact, aside from my Glock 30S, 33 and the wifes Ruger LC9, ALL my handguns are 40's. Someone on here listed a Sig P229 for $425 and it breaks my heart that I can't get to it. But at $550+ my heart will be just fine.

Agreed. I can buy a "like new" Sig certified pre-owned P229 40 cal often at less than $500... hard to justify buying used (and possibly abused) with no credentials at much above that price, unless it has some really nice accoutrements.

image.jpeg

My first semi auto was a .40 , have had a love affair with since. Said i would never carry anything but a revolver until 1992 (i think it was?) traded a sweet S&W .357 for a crazy looking german thang I'd never seen or heard of but when the dude wanted $300 to boot it sparked my curiosity. After I got home with the HK USP .40 and after putting a hundred after a hundred after a hundred down the pipe ,,,, Heck Yeah I Was Sold. Corny Right, I don't care. Don't currently own one but would love to again in the future. I traded it for a 50 chevy pick up that needed a motor.

Back
Top Bottom