• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why does everybody hate 40 s&w

Agreed. I can buy a "like new" Sig certified P229 40 cal often at less than $500... hard to justify buying used (and possibly abused) with no credentials at much above that price, unless it has some really nice accoutrements.
The gun is used but not abused for sue and at 550 and it comes with 3 set of grips 4 mags 2 holsters and ammo I don't think I'm a asking to much.

I suspect 90% of the complainers just regurgitate what they've heard or read from others. I haven't ever experienced this "snappy" I keep hearing about. Fire a 357sig, baby hand whiners

My two favorites, 40 and 357 Sig, and the interchangability between the two is a bonus in the 229 frame.

Funny thing about all those gelatin tests is they don't take into account bone, muscle density, clothing and other barriers.
That is when a projectile with more energy is most important. If all we did was shoot someone a fat belly those tests would be an apples to apples comparison.

Show me tests on hogs through muscle and bone and show me penetration, weight retention, and expansion where 9mm perform "just as well" as all other calibers I will change my opinion.
But a wise old man said "carry the largest caliber gun you can accurately/effectively shoot with" or something to that effect.
Too many variables to be a perfect round. And as usual it amazes me how many hoops 9mm fans will jump though to show that there choice is a good one.
Nothing wrong with any choice, as long as you are confident it will do what you intend.
Funny how you never here .40 and bigger fans justifying their choice. LOL

My first semi auto was a .40 , have had a love affair with since. Said i would never carry anything but a revolver until 1992 (i think it was?) traded a sweet S&W .357 for a crazy looking german thang I'd never seen or heard of but when the dude wanted $300 to boot it sparked my curiosity. After I got home with the HK USP .40 and after putting a hundred after a hundred after a hundred down the pipe ,,,, Heck Yeah I Was Sold. Corny Right, I don't care. Don't currently own one but would love to again in the future. I traded it for a 50 chevy pick up that needed a motor.

I traded for an HK USP40 that I really didn't want at the time. Had several .40's already. Now, it's tops on the list of guns I would least want to part with. Absolutely awesome.

Back
Top Bottom