• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who's hanging in the Left lane?

Do you move over into the right lane when not actively passing others?

• Yes.

Votes: 116 78.4%
  • No.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Yes, but only when someone is riding my a**

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • No, I stick with the lane I'm in till I get where I'm going, thanks.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'll be turning left in another 28 miles so I figured I"d just stay here.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • NO, and if you try to pass me on the right, I"m gonna stomp the gas.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Get off my back bro, I'm on my way to the Taco shop.

Votes: 6 4.1%

• Total voters
It bugs me when I see this.

Guess they want to "regulate" the speed of traffic as though it's their job. Some as mentioned need to get off 5+ miles down the road. Saw a women do this every morning years ago, she'd get in the left lane on Hwy 316 and stay there, no...matter....what.

Also seen other drivers that believe their German SUV means they OWN the left lane. They expect traffic to always clear a path for them, but will NEVER get over for any one else.

It bugs me when I see this.

Guess they want to "regulate" the speed of traffic as though it's their job. Some as mentioned need to get off 5+ miles down the road. Saw a women do this every morning years ago, she'd get in the left lane on Hwy 316 and stay there, no...matter....what.

Also seen other drivers that believe their German SUV means they OWN the left lane. They expect traffic to always clear a path for them, but will NEVER get over for any one else.

I learned years ago, you gotta catch me if you wanna pass me..

I learned years ago, you gotta catch me if you wanna pass me..

I'd be careful sir...keep it to 10 over or less.
iu

Based on my experience, there is always another driver that wants to go faster. lol. I just let 'em go.

I'd be careful sir...keep it to 10 over or less.
iu

Based on my experience, there is always another driver that wants to go faster. lol. I just let 'em go.

my mom's attitude to driving was if your behind somebody your not going fast enough.we finally took her car away when she turned 90.

The zombies were out this morning. Merge onto the interstate and immediately shoot over to the left lanes even though there is no one to pass and no intention of going fast. Its just “their” lane. I see the same guy in a advantage fire company truck almost every day thats clogging things up. He bout met his match with the guy in front of me this morning.

Does that mean if I am in the left lane doing 80, in a 70 as I usually do, you gonna ride my ass?? If so, you get a brake check and I slow to 70. Still riding, I go 65 on so I. Til you find a way to pass. Then I watch you for some crap you might pull. If I am in the left lane, I am usually passing, but I will not speed up for you to go faster.
The law says you gotta move. Doesn't matter how fast you're going, look up the slowpoke law. If you're impeding the flow of traffic in the left lane you get a ticket even if everyone around you is flying.

Just curious what the ODT has to say about drivers who use the left lane.
Since no one knows that you are only suppost to be in the Left lane to pass , it is not the "hammer lane"
Also if i am going 75 in a 65 in the left lane then unless there is an emergency you should not be traveling faaster and need to pass anyway.

Back
Top Bottom