• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who's hanging in the Left lane?

Do you move over into the right lane when not actively passing others?

• Yes.

Votes: 116 78.4%
  • No.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Yes, but only when someone is riding my a**

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • No, I stick with the lane I'm in till I get where I'm going, thanks.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'll be turning left in another 28 miles so I figured I"d just stay here.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • NO, and if you try to pass me on the right, I"m gonna stomp the gas.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Get off my back bro, I'm on my way to the Taco shop.

Votes: 6 4.1%

• Total voters
Does it really matter? If someone is going faster, move over and let them by.
My last trip up I85, there were a lot of drivers that appeared to be doing well over 90 mph.
The improvements in auto and tire technology make this possible without danger. It’s all very simple if you just move the F over when necessary.

THIS! I assume he was speaking to the legality of speeding while not realizing that hanging in the left lane is also illegal. To me, moving over when not passing has always been Common sense and Common courtesy long before it was also the law.

And plenty of people seem to think that speeding is the leading/only cause of major accidents while studies show that movement back and forth between lanes( because people will not get out of the way) causes more major accidents.

asshats that think their time is more important than others.

It's one of the few things left that people, who have lost control of many aspects of their lives, can take "control" of others. I see too many people "parking" there car next to the one in the right lane and enjoying the power of holding other people up.

Two courteous driver stories. One in Texas, one in Italy.

In East TX I was headed on a two lane road to a destination. I don't like to tailgate but I wanted to be prepared with the traffic in the opposite lane gave the opportunity to pass.

Much to my surprise the person in front of me PULLED OVER to let me pass! They have a wide emergency shoulder there. I was dumbfounded. I wanted to pull over and shake their hand.

When I got to the hunting camp I relayed the story and folks said that's just how they grew up and learned to treat one another. Wow, just wow!

Ok, Italy. Wife and I were on vacation (BC - before children). We flew into Venice, stayed there a few days then rented a car. Drove up to Switzerland. Then down the W Coast of Italy eventually ending up in Rome. The Italian interstate is called the Autostrada. And seriously, the left lane is for passing only. What a pleasure to drive there. I had a little Ford floored doing 115 and had to move over because a big ol' Mercedes came by me like I was standing still. Good times. Seriously, folks over there travel in the right lane and pass in the left.

i say we also need a law prohibiting vehicles with more than 2 ladders on the left lanes. im absolutely tire of those mofos sitting in the fast/passing lanes holding up traffic.

my commute i travel on 85, 285, 75 and 575....i deal with ALOT on non driving sitting in the fast lane holding up traffic assholes. if you see a grey escape passing you on the right with a arm out the window flicking you off, gtfo the fast lane. and hi.

I may still be missing the point. Please help me. I'm speaking to any roads that have more than one lane of traffic going in the same direction. I-85 counts. 285 counts. It looks like we're close to each other. 400 in Dawsonville counts. What am I missing?
Oh good, so you will most likely get it.
So say you are travelling south like I was earlier today with my entire family in a large suv.
I hang a left off of harmony church and get into the slow lane on 400. I casually run it up to 65 in a 55 since anything slower is a felony and normally I cruise through there about 62.
Well of course the only other car behind me on harmony church nails it and only achieved only a half car length ahead in the left lane. Also 65.
So here we go. Motorcycle out of nowhere roars up behind me, whips it around. By this time I've gotten a car length behind slow man in the fast lane. Motorcycle comes on in front and is gone.

So sometimes I'm going to walmart I'll take the left lane instead. I'm only going to do 10 over. Traffic will stop at 53. Stop again maybe and I'm there. Better be in the left lane by now.
But somehow regardless, I'm holding people up holy ****.

Same going south going to Racetrac. I'll be 65 in a 55 moving like pond water and all I need is gas.

You want to know something? I don't give a ****.
I'm absolutely a courteous driver. But nevertheless, I eventually have to make a left.
I have not been in a hurry to be anywhere in 4 years. Only once i was slightly pushed for time and even then i wasn't an ass and left a 3 second + gap following.

I ride every ass that's in the left lane hanging out, I don't understand why some people want to be scourges upon society and slow traffic down.

If I ever become grand leader of the world, riding slowly in the left lane will be punishable by firing squad.
Does that mean if I am in the left lane doing 80, in a 70 as I usually do, you gonna ride my ass?? If so, you get a brake check and I slow to 70. Still riding, I go 65 on so I. Til you find a way to pass. Then I watch you for some crap you might pull. If I am in the left lane, I am usually passing, but I will not speed up for you to go faster.

Does that mean if I am in the left lane doing 80, in a 70 as I usually do, you gonna ride my ass?? If so, you get a brake check and I slow to 70. Still riding, I go 65 on so I. Til you find a way to pass. Then I watch you for some crap you might pull. If I am in the left lane, I am usually passing, but I will not speed up for you to go faster.
but it is the law that you get the **** out of the way.

Back
Top Bottom