• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who's hanging in the Left lane?

Do you move over into the right lane when not actively passing others?

• Yes.

Votes: 116 78.4%
  • No.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Yes, but only when someone is riding my a**

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • No, I stick with the lane I'm in till I get where I'm going, thanks.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'll be turning left in another 28 miles so I figured I"d just stay here.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • NO, and if you try to pass me on the right, I"m gonna stomp the gas.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Get off my back bro, I'm on my way to the Taco shop.

Votes: 6 4.1%

• Total voters
Oh good, so you will most likely get it.
So say you are travelling south like I was earlier today with my entire family in a large suv.
I hang a left off of harmony church and get into the slow lane on 400. I casually run it up to 65 in a 55 since anything slower is a felony and normally I cruise through there about 62.
Well of course the only other car behind me on harmony church nails it and only achieved only a half car length ahead in the left lane. Also 65.
So here we go. Motorcycle out of nowhere roars up behind me, whips it around. By this time I've gotten a car length behind slow man in the fast lane. Motorcycle comes on in front and is gone.

So sometimes I'm going to walmart I'll take the left lane instead. I'm only going to do 10 over. Traffic will stop at 53. Stop again maybe and I'm there. Better be in the left lane by now.
But somehow regardless, I'm holding people up holy ****.

Same going south going to Racetrac. I'll be 65 in a 55 moving like pond water and all I need is gas.

You want to know something? I don't give a ****.
I'm absolutely a courteous driver. But nevertheless, I eventually have to make a left.
I have not been in a hurry to be anywhere in 4 years. Only once i was slightly pushed for time and even then i wasn't an ass and left a 3 second + gap following.

if there is a left turn there is no problem with someone slower merging to the left lane to take the turn, within a reasonable distance of course. the problem is with people riding for extended periods in the left lane slow as hell for no reason. ie: theres no reason to sit in the left lane if your left turn is 20 miles down the road.

Does that mean if I am in the left lane doing 80, in a 70 as I usually do, you gonna ride my ass?? If so, you get a brake check and I slow to 70. Still riding, I go 65 on so I. Til you find a way to pass. Then I watch you for some crap you might pull. If I am in the left lane, I am usually passing, but I will not speed up for you to go faster.

if a person is in the left lane, no matter the speed, and nobody is in front of them and people are behind them then that person is an asshole holding up traffic.

Does that mean if I am in the left lane doing 80, in a 70 as I usually do, you gonna ride my ass?? If so, you get a brake check and I slow to 70. Still riding, I go 65 on so I. Til you find a way to pass. Then I watch you for some crap you might pull. If I am in the left lane, I am usually passing, but I will not speed up for you to go faster.
What do you people find so difficult about ‘slower traffic stay right’?
There are no arbitrary parameters involved, if someone comes up behind you, move the fruck over, and let them by.

I try and do the right thing but most of the time that’s impossible. Speed limit be 65.
Right lane goin 60. Middle lane going 85+. Left lane goin 70. I wanna go 75 but have no lane to do it in so I end up with people riding my ass all the time. Georgia drivers suck.

Reactions: MRM
In Germany, at least on the Autobahn, it's illegal to pass on the right. Passing, you will get a ticket.
Undoubtedly it has changed. Lots of restriction on speed and they do pass on the right at times. I am on Skype with my niece and nephew every weekend. They are German. I was there from 62 to 67 and from 69-76. What a blast. I On weekends I would be running Slaloms or Rally's with the Sports Car Club.

I throw lug nuts out the window and over the truck for ass riders,objects thrown from highway ya know by the tires
At night, a double handful of mini marshmallows works wonders on those tailgating when inappropriate or bright lighting you.

Inappropriate tailgating is when traffic is so think you can't go faster or move over..

Back
Top Bottom