When you see something over priced...

I don't have to post about it but it's fun to anyway. In fact I'm not posting about anything other than my expression when I see something dumb.

Don’t get me wrong, you can post about prices being too high or your expression when you see prices that are too high. But as with any “price rant”, it ends up in the Pasture. Already in your thread, you have members talking about ammo flipping, posting negative comments in other member’s ads, and the fact that the item relists over and over again, not about their expression when they see a price they feel is too high. Your thread will morph into just another “price rant” thread whether you intended it to be or not. I know other members disagree with my view of pricing, but hey, this is the internet.

When an item is overpriced, I have an urge to PM all other members to gather with torches, clubs, pitchforks and go and drag the offending Monster from his lair, There are some things GOD did not intend for Man to do. Flipping and overpricing are just two of the sins against humanity.:spy:

My favorite part is when they say it has a couple accessories that obviously up the value $500. Oh and don't forget the crap carrying case

Oh like a $1200 Ar that costs about $600 new? Ya, apparently you cant even tell the guy "glws". I had a good laugh when they deleted my comment.

At the risk of sounding like a whiner whinning about a whiner, (lol), I just don't care what someone asks for their property. I don't care if it lists for the next 10 years. I don't have to buy it, you don't have to buy it, so why post about it?

Because otherwise you have to see the wishful reposts for months until either they find a sucker or they give up.

OTOH-
I empathize with the site admins, they don't want site traffic to get driven away, and that means (enforcing) toleration of unrealistic ads.

I guess the compromise is to PM just as ridiculous low-ball offers.

Don’t get me wrong, you can post about prices being too high or your expression when you see prices that are too high. But as with any “price rant”, it ends up in the Pasture. Already in your thread, you have members talking about ammo flipping, posting negative comments in other member’s ads, and the fact that the item relists over and over again, not about their expression when they see a price they feel is too high. Your thread will morph into just another “price rant” thread whether you intended it to be or not. I know other members disagree with my view of pricing, but hey, this is the internet.
lol I put it here to save the mods the hassle. If all else fails I'm here for the laughs

Oh like a $1200 Ar that costs about $600 new? Ya, apparently you cant even tell the guy "glws". I had a good laugh when they deleted my comment.
My wife's credit union issues a bulletin twice a month with all kinds of ads from real estate to cars campers and sporting goods. It's been a while since I looked at it but the last time I did there were still 2 or 3 ARs in there that have been there since 2012/2013 and priced between $1200.00 and $1500.00. The lesson for the flipper there is that you have to flip while the demand is still red hot. Don't be the guy with a truck load of pumpkins on November 1st.

Oh and if you see an ad up from me you'll notice it won't last long. That's because when I post it I'm ready to SELL it and I price it as such.

Back
Top Bottom