• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When it comes to people's PM offers, my thoughts on the subject are...

When it comes to PM offers on items I'm selling

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Haggling a little is fine with me in general. This is a semi-fictional example of something that I don't know if I'd call haggling:

A: You're asking $150 but I only give $75 for them.
B: I can't find one that's sold anywhere for less than $200.
A: Well, I only give $75 for them. Buy them all the time.
B: Show me anywhere where it's sold for a lower price than I'm asking and I'll look at coming down.
A: I give $75 is what I always give for them.
B: No, thanks. Have a good day.
A: Haha. Okay then. $85. When can we meet?

I don't mind haggling, actually enjoy it most times.... Depending on circumstances I've sold things WAY cheap and even given stuff away. I think of this site as a community and try to make sure all my transactions are civil, at least on my side. I always respond and think not doing so is a dick move. It's way to easy to say no thank you.....
So my take on the matter isn't quite listed on the poll.

I have been (and continue to be) surprised at how many people have absolute non-negotiables. How emotionally invested (or even distanced maybe?) some can get.

Be it a certain price/percentage that is a "low-ball" offer, aversion to the phrase "what's your best price", unwillingness to budge at all (price is firm), refusal to even reply to an "offensive" offer, or reticence to even make an offer.

I mean, its all just business. You'd think some sellers are offering up their kids. All that said, I'm not going to put up with jackassery and will just say "no thanks" if it goes as G GFB describes it above. I seldom get to the point where someone else's rudeness is going to push me into acting the same way.

"I take the constitutional approach, it takes an act of Congress to get me to amend my terms."

Congress ain't got no role in amending. Only 2/3 of the States (ODT Price Police) can amend. Congress (ODT Rabble) can only recommend.

Back
Top Bottom