• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's going on the smoker/grill today?

What ya cooking those on? I’ve got some breasted quail soaking for the Weber tonight. I’m going to try brisket pork belly on the stick burner tomorrow. Watching YouTube bbq channels and going to Costco the same day guarantees something for the smoker is going in the cart. lol
Rec Tec 590

Herb rubbed quail on the weber. Cauliflower leak au gratin. Coleslaw and a bit of spinach.

Attachments

• 20240320_183123.jpg
    20240320_183123.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240320_174544.jpg
    20240320_174544.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 10
I had a Treager for years. It served me well. Their customer service was top notch. I’ve watched the pellet market since mine crapped out. I think Rectec is in the top of the pack. I like how thick the metal is on the units. They are much heavier than most of the competition. I got the Weber performer while I was checking out the pellet market and haven’t look back. I don’t think you can beat the flavor and heat from charcoal. Pellet grills are too efficient to give you good wood flavor especially at high temps, No pellet grill can match the heat and flavor of a good old direct heat charcoal grill for searing meats. I use the snake method and cook brisket or butt only adding coals one time during the cook. For $500 you can sear steaks properly and smoke low and slow. With the gas starter you can be ready to cook over charcoal in 20 min. If you only have room/ budget for one cooker the Weber is what I recommend to everyone.

Back
Top Bottom