• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's going on the smoker/grill today?

Looks great! I’m a sliced butt slut. My favorite way of eating barbecue.
interesting way of doing it though.
I usually smoke it to a temp of 180 and pull from the heat at that point. Let it cool down a bit and then put it on the slicer. Makes a god awful mess of the Hobart but the results are well worth it.
It's cooked through at 145 so I pull it around that temp or a little higher. It is really tender without falling apart and retains moisture. It is a mess to slice but worth it. I'm going to start doing it this way more often and vacuum seal and freeze so I'll have some whenever I want.

It's cooked through at 145 so I pull it around that temp or a little higher. It is really tender without falling apart and retains moisture. It is a mess to slice but worth it. I'm going to start doing it this way more often and vacuum seal and freeze so I'll have some whenever I want.
Same. When I slice pork butt I usually vacuum seal and freeze. When ready to eat more just drop in a Sous Vide bath for about 3 hrs at ~150*-165*. From froze to ready. Sliced butt sandwiches or with potato salad and beans. Hell… getting hungry just thinking bout it. Lol

Just done a can cooker tonight. It was awesome. Always use Old Bay and Creole seasoning.
CA4F245D-7F75-41FA-AF5C-2E8419A477D0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom