• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What to do in a situation...

I don't draw my weapon as a deterrent. If it comes out of the holster it will be used. Pure and simple.
That being said if they had continued they'd have met St. Peter!

OODA is not an Army thing but it may be a police thing. Army uses terms like METT-T C and "violence of action".

I think its a Airforce thing. It is also too similar to ODA operational detachment alpha so SOF wouldn't use it. Would be a bit confusing. Is a good idea though for some type of structure in training for AF civilians and LE.

Google Colonel John Boyd & loads of info. will pop up.
He was a well respected military strategist.

He was in the Airforce if I am correct. Which explains why Ken Ford has heard it used before. I believe Ken was Airforce. Doesn't matter much it is good structure for training. It is just a term I have never used in 14 years of Army SOF.

I think its a Airforce thing. It is also too similar to ODA operational detachment alpha so SOF wouldn't use it. Would be a bit confusing. Is a good idea though for some type of structure in training for AF civilians and LE.

O ODA? Do you stutter son?:lol:

Every branch has its own terminology. Never walk up to a Navy officer and say you are here from PSYOP. He will think SIOP (pronounced the same but means nuke war) and poo his pretty white pants.

O ODA? Do you stutter son?:lol:

Every branch has its own terminology. Never walk up to a Navy officer and say you are here from PSYOP. He will think SIOP (pronounced the same but means nuke war) and poo his pretty white pants.

LOL :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom