• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is up with folks paying a gunsmith to clean their guns?!

The simple reason is there are quite a few folks that have zero mechanical skills and frankly don't know a phillips screwdriver from a torx or even a flat head.. lots of.gun problems are solved by a good cleaning and proper lubrication

There are lots of men adult males who do not know which end of a screwdriver to hold onto.
While I agree with your commit, and can affirm, after running a garbage company for 12 years, build in my own engines, and what not, I do not fit in that category....HOWEVER that does mean I do know how, it simply means that I choose...

OK…….I only charged $20 to clean this one…..

IMG_8235.jpeg

I find paying someone to clean your guns very much different from having your grass cut, or your car detailed.
That's because you pay some one to cut your grass and detail your car. J/k

Largely agree though. But some people on here got big money and have "toys" for firearms that only get brought out for looks or fun at the range. In that case what do they care?

That's because you pay some one to cut your grass and detail your car.

Largely agree though. But some people on here got big money and have "toys" for firearms that only get brought out for looks or fun at the range. In that case what do they care?

I pay a guy to cut my grass, but I do my own auto detailing. So, you're kinda-sorta right.

For what my lawn guy does, it would take me a minimum of 4 hours a week. I did it for almost 30 years before I started paying someone, so I know what it entails when I do it. That's time I do not have. Additionally, I can only work on my lawn on days that I am off. The weather isn't always cooperative, and at times has put me a good two weeks behind on lawn maintenance, which then takes longer to do then normal because of the additional time that has gone by.

In absolutely no way do I need a solid 4 hours at a single time to clean my guns for the week. Even if I needed 4 hours, I could break it up over several days. I can clean guns at 3am, when I can't mow my lawn. I can watch TV, spend time with my family, and multitask in various ways while I clean guns. I can't say the same for performing lawn work.

Many of those same differences are present in auto detailing, as well.

Cleaning guns is not the same as mowing a lawn, or detailing a car.

Back
Top Bottom