WHAT IS ON YOUR EGG TODAY?

I did a pork loin the other day. It was ok but got a little dry. I shut the egg down at 138 internal temp but it rose to 157 while waiting for the rest of dinner to finish. I guess I should have just pulled it off the egg completely.

Yep, take it off or at least wrap it in foil if it needs to stay on to keep warm. The foil will go a long way to hold the moisture in the meat and prevent it drying out.

Yep, take it off or at least wrap it in foil if it needs to stay on to keep warm. The foil will go a long way to hold the moisture in the meat and prevent it drying out.

Yeah, I did that with the Boston Butts I've done. Those have all been awesome. The Egg retains heat well so the IT kept rising. Do you guys normally pull meat off a certain number of degrees before the desired temp? It says to do that with all meat, but it doesn't specify how many degrees. I guess the larger the hunk of meat, the more the IT will rise afterwards. Meaning a filet won't rise nearly as much as a 8 pound BB.

I got up and got busy early this morning.

The large had two big butts on it at 6:15 and there were four more on the XL by 8:15.

In the country that is what we call a bunch of butt!!!

Well I've been sick all weekend so the only thing on my BGE is water from the previous month monsoon we've had. I'll just have to look at what everyone else is cooking and just pretend I can smell it. Lol

Does anyone inject your boston butts? I have never tried it as there always seems to be plenty of juice but have wondered if injecting would improve it at all.

image.jpg

Best injection around!

Back
Top Bottom