• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

what is a simple bill of sale?

Said fella should have contacted a lawyer and sued the pants off the agency that employed the cop, then he could have bought lots of guns.

On the other hand, there could be more to this story than that "the pistol was confiscated for no reason."

The cop told him to prove that he bought it legally and he could have it back. Just a dick move on the cops, luckly the guy was able to find my brother and my brother had his BOS still

The cop told him to prove that he bought it legally and he could have it back. Just a dick move on the cops, luckly the guy was able to find my brother and my brother had his BOS still

You're missing GeauxLSU's point.

If the story that was relayed to you third hand is correct, "the fella"'s cousin could have written out the bill of sale that afternoon, and the same results would have occurred.

You're missing GeauxLSU's point.

If the story that was relayed to you third hand is correct, "the fella"'s cousin could have written out the bill of sale that afternoon, and the same results would have occurred.

I am not missing anything, you have both clearly missed my point, and have done a bang up job of pointing something out that that has nothing to do with the point, and this is probably pointless. lmao. Glad you guys liked the story and have taken such an interest in it.

It's a receipt.

and if it was a 30 year old truck with no title it would make sense to get that...though how do you know it's not stolen? there is no requirement whatsoever for an individual to collect personal information nor get anything in writing when making a transaction with another individual...reasonable effort to make sure they are eligible, yes....all this bos bs, no..."are you a felon or otherwise prohibited from owning a firearm? no? are you a resident of the state of ga or a member of the military living in ga on orders? yes? great, good to go."

so this rears its ugly head again today...decent deal on a firearm but seller wants "a simple bill of sale" so no go...what's the difference between a "simple bill of sale" and a bill of sale? is the simple bill of sale "bought ruger from bob" or does it mean you didn't take pictures and write down driver's license and tag numbers? and why do some of these people feel the need or think they have to get personal information on a buyer?

For me, a BOS is the same as a simple BOS. A red flag. But if I really want something the seller has, I'll make an offer and specify that we won't be retaining any information and that I won't be signing anything. If they decline, I'll move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simpul Bill of Cell

My Name is Zeek and I dun sole dis here pistul to sum guy I dun met on da O Dee Tee.....I ain't givin no waruntee and dis hear pistul be celld aziz...no baxees.

I curtifi he iz hoo he sez hez iz sins he rite heer befor me sayin so....

My mark _________________

his'n mark ________________

Back
Top Bottom