• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

what is a simple bill of sale?

The only time i have heard of a BOS being actually needed, was a pistol my brother sold a fella and did a BOS for it, My brother keeps all of his in his safe. Said fella got pulled over by the police a couple of years later and his pistol was confiscated for no reason at all other than, he could not prove that he bought it so it must of been stolen, just not reported. (SMH) Some how said fella, was able to contact my brother and was sent a copy of the BOS and he got his pistol back.
What was to keep your brother from post dating a BOS at that time or just talking to the (idiotic) LEO directly? I'd love to know what jurisdiction that was in (so I never go there).

The only time i have heard of a BOS being actually needed, was a pistol my brother sold a fella and did a BOS for it, My brother keeps all of his in his safe. Said fella got pulled over by the police a couple of years later and his pistol was confiscated for no reason at all other than, he could not prove that he bought it so it must of been stolen, just not reported. (SMH) Some how said fella, was able to contact my brother and was sent a copy of the BOS and he got his pistol back.

Said fella should have contacted a lawyer and sued the pants off the agency that employed the cop, then he could have bought lots of guns.

On the other hand, there could be more to this story than that "the pistol was confiscated for no reason."

Back
Top Bottom