• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

what is a simple bill of sale?

what's the difference between a bill of sale and a simple bill of sale? Nothing. Actually in commerce, you're bill of sale will be combined with several other documents such as warranty, financing terms, and so. So I guess that's a "not so simple" Bill of Sale. and what is the point since there is no legal requirement for either? None zip nada Butkus

The BATF wannabes don't want to recognize that a "simple bill of sale" that is not witnessed by a third party has little if any legal significance unless it's witnessed by a 3rd party.

All the crap about "I don't want the gun traced back to me" is just that, crap, because you can create the bill of sale after the fact.

The only time i have heard of a BOS being actually needed, was a pistol my brother sold a fella and did a BOS for it, My brother keeps all of his in his safe. Said fella got pulled over by the police a couple of years later and his pistol was confiscated for no reason at all other than, he could not prove that he bought it so it must of been stolen, just not reported. (SMH) Some how said fella, was able to contact my brother and was sent a copy of the BOS and he got his pistol back.

The only time i have heard of a BOS being actually needed, was a pistol my brother sold a fella and did a BOS for it, My brother keeps all of his in his safe. Said fella got pulled over by the police a couple of years later and his pistol was confiscated for no reason at all other than, he could not prove that he bought it so it must of been stolen, just not reported. (SMH) Some how said fella, was able to contact my brother and was sent a copy of the BOS and he got his pistol back.

Come on now. So we're all supposed to keep a sales receipt in the glove box?

Cant be. BOS's never work for anything EVER.

Back
Top Bottom