• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What happened to the work force?

Interesting. I'm currently on the job hunt. I can't find a decent employer. Some of the offers I've received are a joke. I'd be better to take a job at Publix back in groceries or McDonald's flipping burgers for 15 bucks an hour then what they're offering me salary.

If anyone has anybody hiring that's a good company and pays their people fairly I'd be happy to look into it.

SJW means Social Justice Warrior..... as for 'opportunity,' the I should have added that 'opportunity' isn't a guaranteed right insofar as being success, equalization, outcome, etc..... IOW, because you have the 'opportunity' to try doesn't mean your success is guaranteed. All that depends on how hard you work, how effectively you work, etc.... ever hear of the acronym TANSTAAFL (or TINSTAAFL in the Heinlein book, "Moon is a Harsh Mistress?")

Well stated!

As far as TANSTAAFL- Nope.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hence why nobody is taking the job. They realize that sleeping in your truck and working 70 hours a week and not being home with the family isn't worth it. Why do that for basically $18.50 an hour when target is hiring for 15 and you can be at home every night?

So if all of the Handouts were cut off to those that are abeles bodied and minded, do you think that would make folks go back to work and be contributors to society again?

[mention]OttoMan [/mention], Thoughts????

What say you?

I don't understand these Lazy Ass people, I always hear my Sons friends say, I want to live like your Dad. I'm like you think, I didn't pay my dues in "LIFE" My wife and I had 1 Goal in our lives after getting married 32yrs ago. Put in the work so you can enjoy your later years in life. Now these Lazy SOB's are in there 30's and living at home complaining about No Jobs and how the Man got them down! I'm like who's the Man? They don't say any thing to me. I'm trying to be understand this new Generation.

The whole concept of a government mandated "minimum wage" is about as statist as it gets. It absolutely should be done away with. If the current market doesn't prove to people that the 'minimum wage' is meaningless, then they'll never get it.
Back to the OP, there is a HUGE divide in the 'work force' at the moment and as has been pointed out there is no mystery as to why.
I've been out of work since October 1. I quit counting at around 150 applications. Not one single interview or phone call. Not one. And I've applied to things well below my experience and historical pay. But, I'm an "above average" earner (though as mentioned have applied to things well below my historical rate). That market is a completely different animal. (I've prepared for rainy days but not a Noah type event.) Now on the opposite end, my son, who just graduated high school, of course has his pick of anything he wants at $12/hour. But, that's about to change......
Google says https://dol.georgia.gov/gdol-covid-19-information you can collect $365 a week (max) in Georgia. The feds have been paying another $300 per week. $665/week is $16.63 per hour assuming full time 40 hours. To do, nothing. And people wonder why nobody wants to work for $15/hour?!?! Seriously? Now as is stated at the link, the extra $300/week is coming to an end next week. So suddenly Georgians who are collecting unemployment will only be getting what equates to $9.13/hour. You will quickly see all those $15/hour warehouse job openings begin to fill back up again. And yet people STILL won't understand why long term 'safety nets' are 100% counter productive to their stated goal. Of course there will always be those that would rather sit on the couch and earn $9 than sweat and earn $15. But that existed a year ago, 10 years ago, and will 10 years from now.

So if all of the Handouts were cut off to those that are abeles bodied and minded, do you think that would make folks go back to work and be contributors to society again?

[mention]OttoMan [/mention], Thoughts????

What say you?

****, no, son. They'd start riding around in technicals killing each other and becoming warlords.

MAINTE-TECH-job.jpg

I'll bet the folks are beating down the door for this one......

Back
Top Bottom