• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What happened to the work force?

True for small businesses, public traded companies not so much. But in order for a small business to grow, their employees need to be vested in its growth, this wont happen if they are paying mediocre wages. They also wont be able to hire the talent, if the starting pay is right at the borderline of the poverty level.

So again, what is it that the employee or prospective employee is bringing to the table that dictates a higher wage?

Also refer to plots 70. Does the are in witch they are working/ living dictate a higher wage for the talent the employee brings to the table?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think some of it has something to do with the sense of entitlement and the want for instant gratification, especially with the younger crowd. I'm 37 myself and have worked a number of different jobs, each one teaching valuable work and life skills that I place very high value on acquired through low paying jobs. The job I have now I wouldn't be able to do without the skills I learned @ a $200/week salary with my father and a $12/hr job running equipment. Buy nobody looks at it that way. They see the pay and direct benefits as the only value to a job when there is so much more to it than that. I believe each job we do is a stepping stone toward something better. Combine not seeing the whole picture with being to comfortable in the easy zone, people don't have the drive to push on.

Right now, people that hated their minimum wage job are now doubling their salary to sit home. I wish they would use the opportunity to.save their money and work toward building skills where they can make that a job, or even more. Without sounding to judgemental, most of the ones still on unemployment now just don't want to work. Hell who does? Those wanting a better life and are willing to work for it.

I think some of it has something to do with the sense of entitlement and the want for instant gratification, especially with the younger crowd. I'm 37 myself and have worked a number of different jobs, each one teaching valuable work and life skills that I place very high value on acquired through low paying jobs. The job I have now I wouldn't be able to do without the skills I learned @ a $200/week salary with my father and a $12/hr job running equipment. Buy nobody looks at it that way. They see the pay and direct benefits as the only value to a job when there is so much more to it than that. I believe each job we do is a stepping stone toward something better. Combine not seeing the whole picture with being to comfortable in the easy zone, people don't have the drive to push on.

Right now, people that hated their minimum wage job are now doubling their salary to sit home. I wish they would use the opportunity to.save their money and work toward building skills where they can make that a job, or even more. Without sounding to judgemental, most of the ones still on unemployment now just don't want to work. Hell who does? Those wanting a better life and are willing to work for it.

Boy did you hit that nail on the head right off the bat…… Entitlement….. Bingo…..

My assistant HAS put in his time at low, training wages, but that second vacation house and newest Porsche are just too important.

Our competition will GLADLY take this highly trained and competent professional from me for a few dollars more.

There's a 100% chance it will be one of the companies that has paid me thousands to train their mediocre employees for a weekend luring him away and we will do nothing to prevent it.

Boy did you hit that nail on the head right off the bat…… Entitlement….. Bingo…..

But it's the American way..... If you bring skills and good work ethic to the table, are you not entitled to a living wage paying job?

So again, what is it that the employee or prospective employee is bringing to the table that dictates a higher wage?

The skillset required in order for the employer to grow their business. Case in point with @LongNose post on starting wages for skilled tech's of $20/hr with lowest experience, that is $42K gross/yr. Based on your previous post on Cost of Living stats with MS being the lowest at $47K/yr, $42K won't cut the mustard if they have to pay living rates in the greater ATL metro area.

But it's the American way..... If you bring skills and good work ethic to the table, are you not entitled to a living wage paying job?

I'll add more to this but I'm getting ready for work. I personally hold a CDL. Every trucking company has help wanted signs paying 12-1300 a week. Sounds enticing, right? No, it doesn't. A trucking week is 70 plus hours and the driver must live in the damn truck 2 weeks at a time.

You are right, your not Entitled- you have to show your worth and prove you deserve what your asking for.

And please clarify your initial sentence of “But it’s the American way”.

If you’re (employee) happy working a Mediocre job for minimum wage, Great and that’s all you want in life, OK. That persons lack thereof ambitions doesn’t constitute more money to promote laziness.

We currently have Joe and the Hoe in the house doing a great job of that and look where its getting the economy…. More Fed stimmies to all people to become more and more dependent on the Fed.

I'll add more to this but I'm getting ready for work. I personally hold a CDL. Every trucking company has help wanted signs paying 12-1300 a week. Sounds enticing, right? No, it doesn't. A trucking week is 70 plus hours and the driver must live in the damn truck 2 weeks at a time.

Work is work… One cant gripe and complain when that employee is signing up for the position.. They know and understand what they are getting into.

Glad to see your going to work. Stay good bub and have a great day!

You are right, your not Entitled- you have to show your worth and prove you deserve what your asking for.

And please clarify your initial sentence of “But it’s the American way”.

If you’re (employee) happy working a Mediocre job for minimum wage, Great and that’s all you want in life, OK. That persons lack thereof ambitions doesn’t constitute more money to promote laziness.

We currently have Joe and the Hoe in the house doing a great job of that and look where its getting the economy…. More Fed stimmies to all people to become more and more dependent on the Fed.

All too often, today's SJWs mistake America's basic one-word credo, OPPORTUNITY, for a guaranteed right.

Back
Top Bottom