• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What are you favorite pistols? (Which should I buy?)

Sig P229 - pick it up in 9mm, 40, or 357 Sig.

Second strike capable, reliable, metal design but still light to carry all day, & easy to conceal.

I prefer the non-rail version.

Other than that I'd say 1911, something with front serrations or a classic G.I. version.

But I usually just carry my full size 45 PX4 that I upgraded & since it's DA/SA & doesn't cause as much blast as faster cartridges do... don't want hearing damage to my boys if daddy is forced to use it around them. Also, I don't mind getting it dirty while working in the yard.

Second strike capable, reliable, metal design but still light to carry all day, & easy to conceal.

Other than that I'd say 1911, something with front serrations or a classic G.I. version.

But I usually just carry my full size 45 PX4 that I upgraded & since it's DA/SA & doesn't cause as much blast as faster cartridges do... don't want hearing damage to my boys if daddy is forced to use it around them. Also, I don't mind getting it dirty while working in the yard.

I will completely agree on this post. The 229 is by far one of my favorites. Comfortable, balanced and very versatile. I would recommend definitely buy it in the 357 sig or .40, the reason I say this is that I own 5 of them and you can purchase the aftermarket barrels in 9mm that are cut from the same stock as the larger calibers. If you buy the 229 as a 9mm you cant step up in caliber. But it's great to have a pistol that can swap to all three with a quick change.

Back
Top Bottom