• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What a Jerk(y)!

I marinate it for about 2-4 hours. Doesnt take long. I put it in at 8:30p and pulled it out around 2:30a. Usually 6-8 hrs depending on your heated dehydrator, the thickness of the meat strips and the fat content of the meat. The leaner the better. I used Eye of Round steak and chicken breast.

I've been making venison jerky in the oven. It works pretty well.

Yeah it can be done with an oven, just requires a lot of additional energy spent to do it. These small efficient heated dehydrators use such little amounts of energy it's amazing.

Never had chicken jerky (that I can recall) does it keep well? Pretty tasty or so do you spice it up good before drying?

Yeah it keeps well. Lower the fat content, the longer it keeps. I spice the chicken up marinating it in Chapala sauce (the sauce you find in Mexican restaurants with the little round wooden cap). Tastes a lot like buffalo chicken wings.

My Buddy has a good dehydrator makes pemmican all the time
few know about it besides its a brand of beef jerky but it is an actual product dating back hundreds if not a few thousand years ago
you make it with buffalo or beef and cherrys or pomegranites molasses some use wholegrains as well
this is supposed to be the ultimate trail survival food

Correct me if im wrong the more I learn the less i realize I know

haven't made any in a while I love the stuff too. I use to use Boston Butt and let it marinate over nite. like has already been said jus don't last long.

Back
Top Bottom