• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What’s with sellers won’t ship

It's kind of a hassle. You have to hope you can sell high enough to recoup delivery cost, box it up, make a label, drop it off, and then hope the delivery guy doesn't lose it. Ftf deals are simpler and instant gratification.
Try tracking #’s

Mostly small stuff with me. I don’t sell ammo , and I’ve only sold 2 guns ( FTF and a CC look ) . I’ve bought guns FTF . I guess what I was referencing is , I see a bit of small items that I’d buy , but not driving miles to get. Thanks to all who posted !

In my opinion , shipping isn’t that hard . See things I’d buy , but , not driving 2 hours round trip to save $25 . To me that takes a lot of buyers out of the sales equation .
I tried to buy knife from a member long ago. Too far from me, and it was not that big of deal to ship it to me. After my PM, he replied, "I can't ship it because I will lose money." -- I said, "But I will pay the shipping costs." Then he replied, "I have to drive to the postal office, lose time to go over there, burn some gas on my car, and I will make only $4 bucks out of the deal." :doh::doh::doh: - I didn't reply anymore.

So, seems that a lot of folks are making a living out of ODT sales then!

I tried to buy knife from a member long ago. Too far from me, and it was not that big of deal to ship it to me. After my PM, he replied, "I can't ship it because I will lose money." -- I said, "But I will pay the shipping costs." Then he replied, "I have to drive to the postal office, lose time to go over there, burn some gas on my car, and I will make only $4 bucks out of the deal." :doh::doh::doh: - I didn't reply anymore.

I had the same run around with a guy and ak furniture. So frustrating to see someone stuck.

Would have sent him this. I mean, who the hell goes to the post office with something that fits in their mailbox.

1000_F_84885934_ndTDp3V5Jn4bmgPwFlxaKY52vpswi6eM.jpg

I guess everyone has their own reason and perspective. I’m old and retired so I wander when I go out , self employed my whole life . Post Office is only 3 miles from me , I’ll go to lunch when I go , or do an errand . Sometimes I need to mentally check myself and remember that a lot of the members have for real jobs that require their physical presence daily .

I just don’t trust the usps you can never tell your s##t might pop up 3 weeks late or not at all. Looks like all these years they’re been in business they could get it right! Damn well better insure it. If I have something shipped I want IT not the insurance money.

I've met some good people, enjoyed some good food and seen a bunch of sights by driving to pick stuff up. Shipping ammo legally sucks when you live 65 miles away from UPS. And then when you get there it's in the ghetto run by ghetto rats that don't want to work and have an attitude. I'll never do that again.
In your case it highly justified. I don't blame you one bit. If I lived deeper in the mountains I wouldn't either.

Back
Top Bottom