• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Warner Robins, Ga - Grocery clerk makes woman cry for using food stamps

Gonna go with meh. Sorry she's on dialysis. Sorry her hubby only wants to work part time. Sorry she claims she is starving, when the picture says otherwise.

Checkout dude was an ahole. But, who knows, it may not have been his top choice to be a Kroger cashier. People get pissy when they think they are being taken advantage of. I expect a lot more of this in the future.

I'm with you here.

What was the damage? Tears? Kroger can can the dude for being an asshole, but I hardly find it newsworthy.

I disagree with a lot of you on this one. One of the great things about America is that it DOES have a safety net. One of the bad things is that it is so abused. We need to look at each case objectively and decide whether a person is in so much trouble, through no fault of there own, that they legitimately need that safety net. From what I understand of this woman's case, she really does need help and there just isn't a lot someone can do about being so unlucky as to be in kidney failure. I feel nothing other than sympathy for her and have no problem with these funds going to someone that really should get them. If I had been in the line, I probably would have jacked up the punk clerk.

Food stamp is more often abused than it actually assist.

If you cry about what someone say about you, then I got news for you... it's a harsh world out there.

I'm a proponent of having a separate lane for the people that use food stamp. Yeah I know that'll add to racism and totally discrimination and blah blah... but it's incentive to get off the system and help yourself build self esteem. Maybe it'll make it transparent who actually need help and who's just abusing the system.

food stamps are a joke. its a great idea in concept but is abused way too much.

should the clerk have called her out? no, that is not his place at his job.

I would also like to know what 10 items they were arguing about.

after katrina came through new orleans and the redcross gave out those gift cards for people to buy things, i was working at a circuit city and saw people come in and buy useless things with that money. things like new car stereos and DVDs are not needed and I told a customer as much when he tried to buy a new stereo for his car.

I disagree with a lot of you on this one. One of the great things about America is that it DOES have a safety net. One of the bad things is that it is so abused. We need to look at each case objectively and decide whether a person is in so much trouble, through no fault of there own, that they legitimately need that safety net. From what I understand of this woman's case, she really does need help and there just isn't a lot someone can do about being so unlucky as to be in kidney failure. I feel nothing other than sympathy for her and have no problem with these funds going to someone that really should get them. If I had been in the line, I probably would have jacked up the punk clerk.

I just don't think it is a big deal.

I'm sure the clerk was tired of watching steaks roll by paid with food stamps while he was working for $10 per hour and I understand the feeling. He unloaded on a chick he saw as a freeloader and now he gets to experience unemployment. He forgot rule 1; you don't get to express your personal thoughts when you are on someone else's dime.

She suffered a bruised ego.

Last edited:
If she is in Kidney Failure, she is probably on dialysis, and for those of you that know nothing of this, keep your comments about her working to yourself. I am not defending her for using food stamp program nor am I defending the clerk for their actions. It is puzzling to me how many people jump to conclusions about someones situation that he or she may be in. I also agree that the "system" gets abused way too often, not everyone is a user of it. Thanks for reading.
good post

This is not news.
Exactly. This is a big heaping pile of who gives a ****.

It was news enough to get a responce from both of you...Think on it.

Thats all any news is...to get a responce based on an emotion of the topic. :)

And what matters here is it got a page click not once but twice when you return to see what I wrote.

It was news enough to get a responce from both of you...Think on it.

Thats all any news is...to get a responce based on an emotion of the topic. :)

And what matters here is it got a page click not once but twice when you return to see what I wrote.

Sorry, I meant this is not newsworthy.

Back
Top Bottom