• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Only in GA?

What happened?? If you don't mind sharing
Other than the cops and other folks who were there, I’ve only talked to my wife and sons and my two best friends
since childhood about it. Nothing ever came of it so I guess I might as well, first off, nobody got hurt but that one guy did get his feelings hurt a little bit.
I was going to a local family owned convenience store for some smokes or something and just before you get there there’s an intersection where two lanes from different directions can merge up next to each other and when you cross the R/R tracks the left lane can turn left or merge together into one lane going forward. As I was coming into the intersection I was calling Erick Erickson or somebody on the radio a dumbass or something when I got distracted by the dude next to me in traffic yelling something at me, and he looked kinda like somebody I knew and hadn’t seen in a while. I couldn’t make out what he was saying so I pulled in at the Exxon station behind him and pulled up in the spot next to him. This dude flipped out let me tell ya! He jumped outta his car screaming how he was gonna beat me to death and all this kinda stuff, NOPE, definitely didn’t know this cat. I told him he wasn’t who I thought he was and not to come any closer before he could get to my car while I was in reverse and waving bye. So I backed up across the lot slowly and then headed on down the street to where I was supposed to be going to start with. Well, I’m trying to checkout with my cigarettes and this idiot comes flyin’ into the lot and slid to a stop diagonally next to a gas pump about 30 yds away and jumped out, started towards the doors in front of me with a purpose. The whole time he’s cussing and threatening to kill my old ass and I’m hollering at the two cashiers or ANYBODY including the prison guard at the other end of the counter the to PLEASE CALL 911, THIS CRAZY SOB WANTS TO KILL ME!!! All of em’, everybody in that store just stood there like a deer in headlights. Smdh… Anyhow, I’m 65 and about 5’7” 1/2, 135 lbs soaking wet. This guy is probably 25-30 & about 5’11” 230 lbs and has prison tats all up his neck and on both arms. As he’s barreling towards me I’m still yelling to call 911 cause I’m about to shoot this SOB if he comes through that door, I’m not about to let this big crazy bastard get his hands on me! I’m about 8 ft from the door with my hand on my pistol, when he got about 3-4 ft from the door and reached for it I was pulling and like tunnel vision or something I just automatically zeroed in right in the middle of his chest but as I came outta the holster he stopped dead in his tracks and didn’t touch the door. Now I didn’t even get it pointed when he stopped so I stayed at low ready. I was literally about half a second from letting him have it and my heart was about to beat outta my chest but what was weird was I was still calm in a way. But anyway, he turned and took off back to his car so I re-holstered my pistol but this asshole went to his trunk and stuffed something in his waist band but I couldn’t see what was. He started back towards me and I started yelling for somebody to call 911 again, I only let him get halfway from his car to the door and I went to low ready again. He stopped again and got back in his car and hauled ass screaming he would catch me one day on the way out. Closest I’ve ever come to actually having to use my gun and I found out I wasn’t going to hesitate if he opened that door. That guy was geeking out on something, he just lost his freakin’ mind and came at me twice like I wasn’t gonna put up any kind of fight. 35 years ago I would’ve thrown hands and feet at his ass but that was 35 years ago, hell I was still a 5’9” & 170 lb hardheaded long haired red neck that didn’t mind a good scrap every now and then. Oh well, one cop was pretty cool about things but the older cop was being a bit of a turd. So that’s what happened, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it. 😎 DAMN, that was long! Sorry y’all.

Back
Top Bottom