• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wagoneer not a Jeep brand?

GAgunLAWbooklet

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
63   0
Reaction score
Saw this non-Jeep Wagoneer in front of COSTCO today. Notices IT does not have any "Jeep" name or emblem anywhere on it --but if you read the window sticker, the very fine print indicates that the make of the vehicle is Jeep.

I'm wondering why is the company ashamed of the Jeep brand? Does thr name carry politically-incorrect baggage with images of rugged individualism, self-sufficiency, etc? Does it stink of white privilege, conservative values, and remind consumers of M.A.G.A. baseball caps?

Does JEEP want to hide their companies name on this Wagoneer so that tofu-eating pansies and open- minded suburban housewives will be more comfortable buying it?
Since Jeeps are seen as being for manly men?

Pics would help, right?

BD0F20C3-579F-4061-ABC4-97F0A95314E8.jpeg

6B790566-655F-4858-998C-837FFB73C2C3.jpeg

I assume it's kinda like when they decided to just call the Dodge truck "Ram". It's just pointless rebranding that ain't fooling anyone . They need more brand names on the signs. As of now Chrysler only makes 2 models, the 300 and the minivan. So there's no reason for the brand to exist anymore.
But then again there's no reason for any Mopar brand to exist anymore. They just keep getting recusitated by the gubment. Failing brands need to fail. Like Sears, KMart, RadioShack, Oldsmobile etc.
BTW...I saw a commercial for that new Wagoneer and it's priced over $80K . How is that anywhere close to viable?

Dodge re-branded their trucks as Ram trucks (no longer Dodge Ram). Maybe they are doing the same with Wagoneer?
Hyundai has done it with Genesis (originally the Hyundai Genesis).

Dodge re-branded their trucks as Ram trucks (no longer Dodge Ram). Maybe they are doing the same with Wagoneer?
Hyundai has done it with Genesis (originally the Hyundai Genesis).
The Genesis line is one of the biggest jokes I ever saw. AND ...I drove a lot of them when I worked at the port of Brunswick. There's nothing wrong with Hyundai as a brand in most cases. But I can't believe average consumers would fall for that Genesis line.

In all cases a price increase occurred. It’s what’s called pulling extra profits out of thin air.
Yeah so the short version here is that the Wagoneer is just a cash grab.
Or... maybe the other answer is that they don't want the Wagoneer brand associated with the douchebags that have taken over the Jeep brand. If that pisses Jeep folks off I'm (not) sorry . We print shirts for a local Jeep Club and those folks are not only a pain in the ass customer but also predictably trendy and shallow.

I assume it's kinda like when they decided to just call the Dodge truck "Ram". It's just pointless rebranding that ain't fooling anyone . They need more brand names on the signs. As of now Chrysler only makes 2 models, the 300 and the minivan. So there's no reason for the brand to exist anymore.
But then again there's no reason for any Mopar brand to exist anymore. They just keep getting recusitated by the gubment. Failing brands need to fail. Like Sears, KMart, RadioShack, Oldsmobile etc.
BTW...I saw a commercial for that new Wagoneer and it's priced over $80K . How is that anywhere close to viable?

They didn't rebrand Dodge trucks... in order to get more bail out money, CDJR "dumped" or rebranded the ram truck line as a separate company because it was the only profitable product line during the government bail out years..

Back
Top Bottom