• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Veteran Medical Care/Insurance

I'm retired Air Force and use both the VA and Medicare Advantage (with Tricare For Life as secondary). There are times when I can get seen by a private general practitioner much more quickly than with the VA. The VA is primarily for hearing aids, CPAP and other service related care. My VA and civilian general practitioner bump notes and I get my meds from the VA.

The Atlanta VAMC is frustrating. The care provided is great. It's the administrative staff and "gate keepers" that can be frustrating. The Community Based Outreach Clinics can be very good. And they're starting to build more satellite specialty clinics which keeps you out of Atlanta.

I agree. Two cataract surgeries. Hearing aids , other treatments . Dental issues. The main VA center on Clairmont is just overwhelmed tho . The only thing I can complain about is the Doctor I’m assigned to at the West Cobb Clinic can barely speak English and is scatter brained , I think he is ADD ! They are building a big new clinic on Cobb Pkwy in West Marietta. I’m a 160% disabled Vietnam vet .

I agree. Two cataract surgeries. Hearing aids , other treatments . Dental issues. The main VA center on Clairmont is just overwhelmed tho . The only thing I can complain about is the Doctor I’m assigned to at the West Cobb Clinic can barely speak English and is scatter brained , I think he is ADD ! They are building a big new clinic on Cobb Pkwy in West Marietta. I’m a 160% disabled Vietnam vet .
His name R###y? If so, he's my VA doctor at West Cobb. He was really pissed I put on some weight the last six months. Thought he was going to cuss me out. He's right, but he was pissed.

Do not recall the name as I’m deaf , and he’s REALLY hard to understand. My understanding is there’s only two. A man and a woman . Not to disparage , but he appears to be middle Eastern , heavy accent , hard to understand . Beard , but not around his mouth. Always first or second door on the right as you go in. Right across from where they take your blood . Seems to be HEAVILY dependent on his computer as he’s ALWAYS looking at it . Wife is getting me changed to another doctor. All in all not much to complain about. Optical department is AWESOME ! Had a FULL battery of cardiac work , took an entire day . They were great. Hearing aid department outstanding . Dental branch at Arcadia are super , only issue is the dentist is Chinese , really heavy accent , but so far super great to deal with ! Only had one issue with a tech and the department head was all over it ! I hear so much bashing the VA that it makes me wonder. I’ve had nothing but excellence with them. Boy did I get carried away !

I came home in 1971 from in Country. As it is 200 miles round trip, to Clairmont and My Brides Dementia, I don't go there anymore! I will not go there period...I am waiting on three different Community Care referral's from my Jasper Primary care. I require hip surgery at the least, Planters warts call from another Community care and Audiology appointment from Blairsville..It will be a minumum of another 3 months on the hip before an appointment is set and 2 weeks on the planters wart from a Dermatologist..Audiology is next week for better Hearing Aids..The VA Sucks and they have literally ruined my life..Long stories...I may get medicare soon I am looking into it..To my Brothers that served you have my respect...

I came home in 1971 from in Country. As it is 200 miles round trip, to Clairmont and My Brides Dementia, I don't go there anymore! I will not go there period...I am waiting on three different Community Care referral's from my Jasper Primary care. I require hip surgery at the least, Planters warts call from another Community care and Audiology appointment from Blairsville..It will be a minumum of another 3 months on the hip before an appointment is set and 2 weeks on the planters wart from a Dermatologist..Audiology is next week for better Hearing Aids..The VA Sucks and they have literally ruined my life..Long stories...I may get medicare soon I am looking into it..To my Brothers that served you have my respect...
So sorry, prayers to you and the Misses

His name R###y? If so, he's my VA doctor at West Cobb. He was really pissed I put on some weight the last six months. Thought he was going to cuss me out. He's right, but he was pissed.
Kind of in a stupor today with a cold. But just took my evening meds and looked at the RX label , and yep that’s him ! Told me the same thing . Was in there 3 weeks ago for an appointment HE made in July , asked why I was there ! LOL !

Back
Top Bottom