• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Veteran Medical Care/Insurance

That is why I left Lawrenceville. The doctor I had was terrible. Now trying to get an appointment, what a pain in the arse! I need an MRI and I get a VIDEO conference.

Also, I have been yo Carl Vinson in Dublin and they took great care of me.

ATTENTION VETERANS

I feel your pain and have spent years filing disabilities, just to never get appointments or have to waste half my day just to see some janky Doctor for 10 mins.

Luckily, the VA was revamped back in 2016 with new heads of departments, fund allocations, and general restructuring/ mandated policies. Now the VA includes thousands of satellite locations provided by private doctors offices. When I first left the Marines in 2012, it took me a year to get an appointment. Now, the VA calls me and sets up appointments. I've had 4 in the last 3 months. All on days that worked for me, at locations nearest my house, almost zero wait time, and they weren't packed full. If I have a health issue, I call the VA, tell them what's wrong, and someone calls me back within 24 hrs with a location to schedule an appointment. Admittedly it's still not the best, but it's significantly improved.

For those of you who are older (I'm 37) and may not be aware of the benefits you're entitled too, please sign up on the VA website and check out your benefits. Some of you, like myself, will automatically qualify for disabilities based on when/ where you served. As I always say, get every dime you can from those crooks! Nothing wrong with the govt paying you a few dollars each month for your years of sacrifice and your lifetime of scars.

I understand some of us are the Senior generation and don't really take to this sort of stuff as easy. That being said, if you aren't technology savvy and/or just need a bit of help, I'm happy to oblige. Perhaps I can walk you through what you need to do or point you in the right direction. I'm not a VA rep, just a fellow Veteran that likes to see other Veterans get what they deserve.

ATTENTION VETERANS

I feel your pain and have spent years filing disabilities, just to never get appointments or have to waste half my day just to see some janky Doctor for 10 mins.

Luckily, the VA was revamped back in 2016 with new heads of departments, fund allocations, and general restructuring/ mandated policies. Now the VA includes thousands of satellite locations provided by private doctors offices. When I first left the Marines in 2012, it took me a year to get an appointment. Now, the VA calls me and sets up appointments. I've had 4 in the last 3 months. All on days that worked for me, at locations nearest my house, almost zero wait time, and they weren't packed full. If I have a health issue, I call the VA, tell them what's wrong, and someone calls me back within 24 hrs with a location to schedule an appointment. Admittedly it's still not the best, but it's significantly improved.

For those of you who are older (I'm 37) and may not be aware of the benefits you're entitled too, please sign up on the VA website and check out your benefits. Some of you, like myself, will automatically qualify for disabilities based on when/ where you served. As I always say, get every dime you can from those crooks! Nothing wrong with the govt paying you a few dollars each month for your years of sacrifice and your lifetime of scars.

I understand some of us are the Senior generation and don't really take to this sort of stuff as easy. That being said, if you aren't technology savvy and/or just need a bit of help, I'm happy to oblige. Perhaps I can walk you through what you need to do or point you in the right direction. I'm not a VA rep, just a fellow Veteran that likes to see other Veterans get what they deserve.

Cobb County has an excellent veterans support division. They have meetings every week in different locales. They have a director that is VERY helpful. They have an office on Powder Springs Rd in the north end of the govt complex. They ( the local director ) were extremely helpful !

Yep ATL sucks! Augusta used to be ok. I go to Dublin. But as I said , as COVID kicked off, most the time is online with VA or local docs.
I worked at.the VA in Dublin X-Ray for 30 years just retired 2 years ago. We worked hard and did a good job and yes I am a veteran also and I would and do go there for my medical care....keep on coming my friend...

I worked at.the VA in Dublin X-Ray for 30 years just retired 2 years ago. We worked hard and did a good job and yes I am a veteran also and I would and do go there for my medical care....keep on coming my friend...
I can say , X-ray was always fast and always full

Back
Top Bottom