• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

(Vent about newbies)

I've been on the ODT for only 6 years and usually just brows and read threads. I post things from time to time and only have one requirement when selling a firearm. I request to see a GA license and a GA CCW. I've received complaints and argumentative replies about this. It's really the only thing I require. But with someone having the ability to leave you negative feedback simply because of preference or just because they had a bad day, leaves it open for others to not trade with you. I've also sold items and never received feedback. I see this as just being apart of trading on the ODT. I would hope that like me, others take in account vouches and followers to make a decision on trading.

When you started we were all new. That said, a person's word is there bond......period. Just do what you say you will do......It's that simple
That may be somewhat true...but when ODT started many of us knew each other from another site or two and had done deals with each other before.
I will deal with new folks, but I vet them the same as I do folks that have been here a little while but are new to me. I have had sketchy older members as well as newer.

I spent a few days on here looking at the classifieds and forums reading comments before I ever tried a puchase. When I did finally send a PM I made sure to use more than three words. I was lucky enough to have the first couple of transactions with long time members so they also gave me pointers.

Unless the newbie is close by me (30 minute radius or less) I will not waste my time talking with them if they have no feedack! I have had several from hours away contact me. A simple not gonna waste our time with you being so far away and no feedback. Its usually a OK thank you I didnt see how far away you where response.

Then we have some Og members here that think everyone is deaperate to sell and lowball you! I had the same person send me 4 diffrent $200 less offers on the same gun!

At the end of the day I still enjoy trading and shooting and carrying diffrent guns. I cant do this at a gun shop as trade values there are half the guns value and accessories arent considered. ODT is the only place you can get a gun try it out and trade it later if isnt a perfect fit for you!

Why the Hidden or very vague locations lately?
Atlanta?
Gwinnett?
No Zip code in ad or profile
profile? the chicken **** bastard shows a profile well Damn just damn. If I click on profile and it comes up as hidden well **** them

Just because they signed up recently doesn't mean they are bad. Dealt with a few new members (newer than me) and they were great.

My advice to them is to give away some things they don't need to generate some good feedback, before trying to buy or sell a gun. A few good feedbacks would give them some credibity.

Never had a bad experience with a noob, but I "interview" noob's before committing to a deal. If I don't get the warm fuzzy's I won't make the deal. OG's on the other hand can be worse than noob's. Some are too good to reply to a pm or waste your time with endless questions and slow responses. I guess their poop don't stink.

Back
Top Bottom