• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Venison jerky recipes

dunkel

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
75   0
Reaction score
Got my dehydrator up and running yesterday. First batch of deer jerky was just with the included spice mix and turned out ok. What kind of recipes are y'all using?

I'm getting ready to marinate tonight. Probably will just use teriyaki and a lot of black pepper. Maybe garlic powder. Don't care for liquid smoke, but some do.

I usually just randomly throw in spices until it looks just right. No recipe really. I also occasionally buy a pack of jerky seasoning when I see it at the store and they have a few varieties of flavors.

I use a very simple recipe... I soak the strips in Dales sauce mixed with garlic powder and onion powder for about 45-60 minutes.... depends on how salty you like it..... then I place them in the dehydrator.... I usually will put crushed pepper on the lower two racks of meat.......

Got the dehydrator running in the garage now. Man it smells good in there. Used a lot of black pepper and teriyaki. Added some red pepper flake and garlic powder for fun. Sliced up a ham into pretty thick strips. Almost 1/4in thick. Should be nice and meaty. Don't like paper thin and overly dried out jerky. Hopefully it turns out good this time. Gonna do the next round on the Big Green Egg.

I will not give out my secret recipe. i will however give a tip. When you get the meat out of the marinade, put on tray with paper towels and dab dry. Take either honey or karob and lightly coat. then sprinkle with black papper to taste. This helps hold the final spice on the meat after they are dry.

I picked up some Dales and gonna get another batch going tonight. Thanks for the tips...I'll let everyone know how it turns out!

I will not give out my secret recipe. i will however give a tip. When you get the meat out of the marinade, put on tray with paper towels and dab dry. Take either honey or karob and lightly coat. then sprinkle with black papper to taste. This helps hold the final spice on the meat after they are dry.
ive heard the honey tip before, always meant to try it

Back
Top Bottom