• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

ughhh my cam phasers are going out....again....

What to do with ye old red beast...

• Sell/Trade it

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Fix it myself using some of my tax return moola

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Dealer Fix it with alot bigger chunk of my tax return moola

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
HELLZ YA!!! it was my VCT solenoids that went bad! not my phasers!!! i decided to go ahead and replace those no matter what along with a oil change with a quart of lucas for good measure. right about 200 bucks in all investment. and BOOM!! purring like a kitten! i dare say better than before!

still has the injector tick of course, but i could only hear that when i had the hood open. i drove with the windows down home trying to hear a tick and nothing. the real test will be a drive thru though lol.

now im not trading it in for a measly 6 grand lol, gonna post it up on a few sites for probably 10-11. gonna research tomm to see what kind of price i can get for it around here. that will be the determining factor on price of course.

thank god i have a 05 truck, on a 07 and newer 5.4l you have to remove the valve covers to replace the VCT solenoids.

and if you do replace them, make sure to get new seals for them. you WILL mess the old ones up getting them out. there is no other way to do it than messing them up lol. and tell the guy at the parts counter the seals are listed on the diagram with the camshafts. its actually called a "engine camshaft valve seal".

Back
Top Bottom