• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

ughhh my cam phasers are going out....again....

What to do with ye old red beast...

• Sell/Trade it

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Fix it myself using some of my tax return moola

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Dealer Fix it with alot bigger chunk of my tax return moola

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
the isle tool works pretty good. but if you are patient and use a ton of the break free spray on the plugs first and let them sit for a good while they usually wont break off. if you do have a break, spray more break free in the hole and let it sit for awhile again, then try the isle tool and do it slowly....very very slowly lol.
Yeah I'm not looking forward to it

Yeah I'm not looking forward to it

ya. plan to devote a full day if you know you still have the 2 piece plugs. wake up, remove everything to get to the damn plugs lol. hit them with break free stuff and let them sit for a few hours, then hit them again with break free. right after lunch should be good to try them. dont force them at all, just be very easy with it. the longer break bar you can attach the the socket on the plug the better.

drivers side plugs are easy compared to the passenger side plugs btw lol. those rear 2 plugs are a pain in the ass. have lots of different extension sizes and the ones with the joints in them. helps a ton.

Man if ya'll need a place to work on these things I've got a shop. My schedule is kinda erratic but when I'm around I'm usually free for a week or so at a time.

I know this goes against everything you've ever been taught about working on cars, but...... Soak them with penetrating oil. Then..... Use a small impact driver. I used a 3/8 pneumatic. Got all 8 out of an 04 with 75000 miles. The last on the pax side was stubborn but came out in one piece. Don't forget to get the motor slightly warm too.

This is why i always laugh at ford guys who say the DOHC is the best thing since sliced bread. You just cant beat an old pushrod V8. My vote is dump it and buy a truck with a proper engine.

Back
Top Bottom