• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trudeau gun ban in Canada

The difference between “left” and the “right” is :
The left will compromise freedom for safety
The right will compromise safety for freedom.

Don’t tread on me

Huh? The War on Drugs is a right wing cornerstone, and the Patriot Act was passed and signed by a Republican congress and president.
But the Republican party doesnt always follow conservatives values. The government does not always do what people (We the People) always want.
Just as the people doesn’t always do what the government wants..

It is all perception really, just as any of this is my opinion....or yours (when you post) except when we back it up by factual content.

Those two things, The war on drugs and The Patriot act may have been passed by conservative type governments, that doesnt always mean they are conservative ideas or values. I certainly did not vote on them, did you? I garner a bet that nobody on this board had anything to do with making either one. They may agree with portions of them .

Again, just my banter.

But the Republican party doesnt always follow conservatives values.
I think the phrase here is "almost never" follows conservatives values. TALK conservative? Sure. Govern conservatively? Almost never. A "Republican" senate and a "Republican" president are in the middle of the biggest drunken boondoggle of spending this country has literally ever seen. Prior to the current virus, they were pacing right along with the supposedly most horrid leftist ever to hold the office. When the only discernible difference between the two is what they SAY and not what they DO, well........

Back
Top Bottom