• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trading, selling, buying guidelines ???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiplash

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
53   0
Reaction score
I dont know if any of you have had to experience this here on odt. Before i explain let me first say i love this site and i have meet some folks that have turned out to be good people and even made friends with a couple.

But i recently had a transaction that made me extremely uncomfortable i will not say with who. And i will not disclose much info. But i will say this i tried meeting this person 3 times in the day light had 3 pre picked locations and times to meet. And somehow every time he would find a way to wiggle out of our meet. And every time would call me later that night and would want to meet late at night in some secluded place. Well finally i got tired of dealing with this so i made it very clear the next time we meet or make plans to meet it had better be solid plans or i will sell to someone else..... The individual then stated lets meet now he picked yet again a very strange spot to meet. So i go to meet this individual and first thing i saw when pulling up is that he had a car full of people and a big jacket on???? I am thinking to my self it hot as hell why is he wearing this big jacket???? I park my car diagonally in front of him and start to exit the vehicle while exiting i said hey are you so and so!!!! He said not one word and quickly reached behind his back well at this time i was in between my car door and car and felt real sick to my stomach as i un holstered my firearm and asked the individual what he was doing. Now note i have not produced my firearm yet but it was in ready position to my chest where he could not see. Once i asked him what he was doing he still was un responsive to me and kept his hand up under his jacket behind his back. At this time after 20 seconds of him being un responsive acting very nervous and having moved his arm very aggressively to his back. I noted to him the situation he was in. And a that point he slowly brought his hand back up to his front reached in his front pocket and grabbed out his money. I dont know what was behind his back and i didnt ask. All and all the sale went through but i stressed heavily to the individual that what he did was very dangerous. He admitted that it was not smart at all and we went on our way.

Please odt there is no room for error when it comes to your life last month i had a meet with someone to buy a firearm and as soon as they got of the car they un holstered a firearm while walking toward me. When in a very stern way told him to stop he noted to me that he is sorry he didnt think about it when he did it lol but the weapon he un holstered while walking toward me was the fire arm i was buying. Once again that in most people's mind should be a no no. Thats dangerous and foolish to do.

never happened to me thankfully... i typically do the introductions, hand shake, small talk briefly before any guns come out.

Glad it turned out okay...

I've had 100% good meetings so far but that is scary man. I hope this is a lesson to all the new people... be very careful, this is NOT the first story like this I've read. Even when meeting in a known spot show situational awareness of your surrounding, people, places, times, etc. Excellent job Ranger... glad it turned out okay!

I wouldve got in my car and left! Prolly wouldnt have even met with him in the first place. The only time ive met in secluded locations was with another member from bremen or felton i dont remember which and that whole area is in the sticks but good people out there, the rest are done in a public place. The second he got his hand back around it wouldve been go time! Another reason i always try to have a buddy with me (im a small guy lol), Every person i have met on here has been good people and stand up. Glad you got out of there ok! Hes lucky he didnt draw on you, im sure you were ready to rock and roll had the situation presented itself.

Honestly I'm surprised you didn't draw down or pull off, or even refuse a deal with the way his actions were. Glad all went well but a positive itrader isn't worth your life, and I'm sure dirtbiker and stonewallace will understand and remove any negs. But yes, people need to understand the no strange places/strange behavior rule. As stated before, small talk first, then guns come out... I don't mind talking to someone about bull**** because it breaks the awkwardness involved.

Well this was his first meet and I made it very clear to him that being where i have been like over seas, combat all that good stuff gave me enough restraint to let the situation play out a little more. And I explained to him that lol he was 3 pounds of trigger pull away from being gone. I am not trying to scare you but what you did was very dangerous for me and yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom