• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tradable Items That Increase in Value in SHTF/TEOTWAWKI Events or Hold Value Today

Yep, the value of gold/silver may be temporary, but so far it's been accepted in SHTF situations for 5,000 years. I think it's a good bet to have some on hand as part of a larger plan.

I have limited funds and I honestly feel that right now between buying "stuff" and buying gold/silver, I am going to go with the stuff. I can always "sell/trade" the "stuff" for gold/solver.

A few of us may be old enough to remember sitting on an outhouse bench with the flies buzzing and having to wipe their behind with a page from a catalog (glad I missed the previous generations corn cobs). Toilet paper will be at the top of the list for trading.I'd bet most house have less than a four pack right now. And you probably will not be advertising it on Craigslist.

The most important thing to take stock of in a SHTF is the word of God. Without a soild head on your shoulders and like minded friends, you wont make it very far on cigs, guns, booz, and potted meats. IMHO, what you will really need is some perspective. It never hurts to remember who you are and where you come from. everything else is fodder for the masses. Man can live off of the fumes of hope for far longer than any of us hope to ever find out. If nothing else prepare your souls.

The most important thing to take stock of in a SHTF is the word of God. Without a soild head on your shoulders and like minded friends, you wont make it very far on cigs, guns, booz, and potted meats. IMHO, what you will really need is some perspective. It never hurts to remember who you are and where you come from. everything else is fodder for the masses. Man can live off of the fumes of hope for far longer than any of us hope to ever find out. If nothing else prepare your souls.

I will not speak for the others but I have the spiritual and the like minded friends covered. If we had no hope why prep???? ~ Dum spiro spero .

Last edited:
To hell with TP. I can wipe my ass with printer paper. The stuff that would be really useful would be:

Electrical generation equipment, solar, battery banks, etc
Small-displacement Diesel engines or multifuel units for transport, generation, etc.
Medium sized shoal-keeled sailing craft, 24-28' (just large enough for oceangoing purposes, an "escape pod" to outlying uninhabited areas, other countries, river navigation if necessary, uses no fuel)
Alcohol distillation equipment (for fuel, booze, disinfection, etc)
Antibiotics
Fuel-efficient PRE-OBD vehicles. a 1976 Datsun truck will be worth more than your Escalade in an event such as EMP that will render the electronics worthless
Vaccum-pack/canning and retort food equipment and supplies
Quality pump Air rifle
Quality primitive archery equipment
ATV's/Snowmobiles
Horses (transportation and protein)
High-Sodium High-Fat canned goods, corned beef, tuna in oil, etc
Ammonium nitrate (explosives or fertilizer)

To hell with TP. I can wipe my ass with printer paper. The stuff that would be really useful would be:

Medium sized shoal-keeled sailing craft, 24-28' (just large enough for oceangoing purposes, an "escape pod" to outlying uninhabited areas, other countries, river navigation if necessary, uses no fuel)

Transportation and and opsec issues aside (these I can answer).......how much skill is required to operate such a vessel? Your other items were good.

FIRE, cheap cig lighters, matches, etc...Right now you can buy cases of lighters pretty cheap...FIRE will probably be one of the most sought out items!

good advice. got it covered man (at least enough for my son and I).

I have limited funds and I honestly feel that right now between buying "stuff" and buying gold/silver, I am going to go with the stuff. I can always "sell/trade" the "stuff" for gold/solver.

Gold and Silver will only have a value when someone has already met their primary needs. Besides its heavy and you cant eat it. Who wants to lug it around until some economy system starts up?

Back
Top Bottom