• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tradable Items That Increase in Value in SHTF/TEOTWAWKI Events or Hold Value Today

Chris Mac

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
38   0
Reaction score
What's on your list of tradable items that will increase their trading value during the different phases of a SHTF/TEOTWAWKI situations AND will retain their value today if you need to trade out of them or sell them?

The goal is to prepare for realistic scenarios, but not lose significant money if you need to convert items back to cash in the immediate future.

I'll start:

1. Good guns in common calibers bought at a bargain/fair price (which ones, though?)
2. Gold/Silver- good in an economic SHTF event
3. Short wave radios - compact modern and older tube radios
4. Ammo - inflation protection
5. Heirloom seed vaults/collections

THere are a gazillion more. What do you think would be high value, in demand (everyone will want it) and easily tradable/sellable?

Maybe u should watch the road movie again. I didn't see anyone with gold

Nobody knows what happened to cause the world to end in The Road. Wouldn't you rather be prepared for any eventuality, like a financial collapse?

Ok - looking forward to hearing what others would stock up on for trading.

canned food
bottled water
liquor
Gasoline
ammo
38 or 357 4 inch revolver
9mm or 45 acp auto
AR or AK
If you are in a colder climate, heavy outerwear

The book "Patriots" gives a description of this. Gold & Silver is used as a medium of exchange after "direct" exchange becomes harder (once people have traded for necessities already or for items to large to move/carry). The items could be coconut shells, it only has the value that everyone can agree on.

Yep, the value of gold/silver may be temporary, but so far it's been accepted in SHTF situations for 5,000 years. I think it's a good bet to have some on hand as part of a larger plan.

More -
Water purification/filters - some brands sell for a premium even when used or opened.
A good pickup truck - ever notice that these stop going down in value after a while?
Road/Off Road Motorcycle Hybrid
Good comm gear
Solar battery chargers (check out Amazon) and rechargeable batteries

Back
Top Bottom