• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tradable Items That Increase in Value in SHTF/TEOTWAWKI Events or Hold Value Today

Like everyone else, we have the common items everyone tries to store and that includes silver.

I have been thinking of everyday consumables I want to store for trading:
TP , Toothpaste & Tooth Brushes , Dental Floss , Disposable Razors , "bar" Soap , Antacids , cheap Liquor ,
AA Batteries , Entertainment - Books - Playing Cards

Liquor, cigarettes, guns and ammo.

In a "The Road" type SHTF, or Zombie apocalypse TEOTWAWKI scenario, you can get anything you want with those 4 items.

Like everyone else, we have the common items everyone tries to store and that includes silver.

I have been thinking of everyday consumables I want to store for trading:
TP , Toothpaste & Tooth Brushes , Dental Floss , Disposable Razors , "bar" Soap , Antacids , cheap Liquor ,
AA Batteries , Entertainment - Books - Playing Cards
I'm with bioshock. Soldiers, mujahideen, Cetniks, partizans, etc...in the Balkans didn't even feel humane after going so long without a bath or shave. They said they felt like animals. Books and cards for sure, boredom can drive you mad

BioShock raises a good point. Razors.

I wonder if stocking the older style metal safety razors, a case or two of blades and that shaving cake soap that lasts forever would be a good idea. You get a razor body that doesn't break, and a case of blades usually conatins 500-1000 blades so you have a pretty good supply. Something tells me women would want this too.

Baby wipes, unscented chlorine bleach for cleaning, disinfecting and for purifying drinking water; cigarettes, coffee, tea, powdered drink mixes (boiled or chlorinated water will need something to taste better); bandaids, antiseptic, antibiotic creams, painkillers, hydrogen peroxide, salt (very important in preserving meats with no refrigeration, wars were fought over it).

BioShock raises a good point. Razors.

I wonder if stocking the older style metal safety razors, a case or two of blades and that shaving cake soap that lasts forever would be a good idea. You get a razor body that doesn't break, and a case of blades usually conatins 500-1000 blades so you have a pretty good supply. Something tells me women would want this too.
That would be great for personal use.
For resale desposable is what I want.
I also forgot about instant coffee "that will be like gold" and tea.
even kool-aid packs would be great,after awhile something besides water would be awesome.

guns
ammo
long storage foods
water
knowledge to use the above wisely
and friends that are like minded to help shoulder the new duties of the post wshtf world.

Back
Top Bottom