• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tired of using the boyfriends account

Status
Not open for further replies.
i do not doubt anybodies ability, some folks it just comes natural to. i just don't like it when the girl at the range is only interesting in showing off her assets and whining the whole time trying to get the males attention. it is good to see a serious female shooter every once in while

welcome to the odt

Thanks appreciate it! No not that kind of girl..I'm the one shooting the bigger caliber gun than my boyfriend. With my 1911. .45 on my hip. Lol

They are pretty similar...I was impressed how the 6.5 performed out of the box..plus the features the gun has. We own a Rem .243 Ackley and we changed the stock to a bell and Carlson, trigger, etc. I can probably out shoot my boyfriend out the box. Lol with less money in it.

Ewwwww the hell with fire forming brass

On a 243 you are going to burn the barrel out in 1500 to 2000 rounds if you push it hard enough ..... ackley improve it and that number stays the same but you have fire forming loads that you have to take into .... So in reality that number goes down ....

I look at barrels being consumables like bullets and primers, I just dont think the benefits of going 243 AI over regular 243

On a 243 you are going to burn the barrel out in 1500 to 2000 rounds if you push it hard enough ..... ackley improve it and that number stays the same but you have fire forming loads that you have to take into .... So in reality that number goes down ....

I look at barrels being consumables like bullets and primers, I just dont think the benefits of going 243 AI over regular 243

The Ackley or Improved cartridge has a 40 degree shoulder angle, reduced body taper, and more case capacity. You will find that once the brass is fireformed, there is little case growth or stretch and less trimming. It really comes down to preference and what your personal needs are. Barrels are consumables but that's part of the game like any other hobby. There are many other cartridges that burn barrels a lot quicker.

Guess you can say I've grown up around them. Getting heavy into it the past two years. Love to do long distance precision shooting. It's such a male dominated hobby though. The best is when men look at me and think I don't know squat and I know more than them. What do you shoot? Just picked up a Savage long range precision 6.5 Creedmoor bolt rifle. Can't wait to break that big boy in!!

Haha! I know!
My favorite moment shooting was one where I went to the range, alone, to get some routine practice in & after drilling for a mag or two, a gentleman taps me on the shoulder & I stop for a moment thinking that he'll ask what kind of gun I have or something to that nature. Instead he says "Ma'am, I wanted to let you know that I'm sorry for anything that I have or may do in the future that could ever offend you in any way."
I laughed :)

My favorite right now is my M&P 9C. For as short of a barrel as it has, it's extremely well balanced in my opinion. Very little recoil & easy to get back on sight.

I've been interested in long range but there's not much opportunity for that kind of shooting where I live. I reeeeeally want the Ruger Scout, lefty, bolt action rifle though :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom