• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tired of using the boyfriends account

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right on. Don't know him but it is nice to see a woman that knows what the F she is talking about when it comes to firearms. Welcome to the addiction. :thumb:

Im learning don't know everything.. But when you have a passion for something it makes it all that more fun! Addiction is right! But it's great to talk to others and learn stuff out of their experiences and share your own. Plus my boyfriend and I do it together, learned how to reload and many other things. I'm ready to out shoot him hopefully with my new 6.5 creedmoor. Lol

Im learning don't know everything.. But when you have a passion for something it makes it all that more fun! Addiction is right! But it's great to talk to others and learn stuff out of their experiences and share your own. Plus my boyfriend and I do it together, learned how to reload and many other things. I'm ready to out shoot him hopefully with my new 6.5 creedmoor. Lol

Agreed. I am sure you will. :thumb:

The Ackley or Improved cartridge has a 40 degree shoulder angle, reduced body taper, and more case capacity. You will find that once the brass is fireformed, there is little case growth or stretch and less trimming. It really comes down to preference and what your personal needs are. Barrels are consumables but that's part of the game like any other hobby. There are many other cartridges that burn barrels a lot quicker.

Your boyfriend is a VERY lucky man!!!!! Hell I can barely get my wife to shoot her pistol, much less get into reloading.

Haha! I know!
My favorite moment shooting was one where I went to the range, alone, to get some routine practice in & after drilling for a mag or two, a gentleman taps me on the shoulder & I stop for a moment thinking that he'll ask what kind of gun I have or something to that nature. Instead he says "Ma'am, I wanted to let you know that I'm sorry for anything that I have or may do in the future that could ever offend you in any way."
I laughed :)

My favorite right now is my M&P 9C. For as short of a barrel as it has, it's extremely well balanced in my opinion. Very little recoil & easy to get back on sight.

I've been interested in long range but there's not much opportunity for that kind of shooting where I live. I reeeeeally want the Ruger Scout, lefty, bolt action rifle though :D

That's awesome! I have a Springfield XD-9 subcompact but I prefer to shoot my Kimber Ultra .45 instead..Don't know what it is about that gun but I can shoot it better..lol
M&P's are great guns..I had the opportunity to shoot the M&P 40 it shot well plus they look good too. You should really try the long distance shooting I'm telling you it's got to be one of the most fun shooting. We drive two hours one way to shoot long distance and make a day out of it. Plus you're outdoors. Ruger Scout in 308?? That is one sexy gun!! Hey there is always an occasion that the boyfriend should buy a new gun.. =)

Your boyfriend is a VERY lucky man!!!!! Hell I can barely get my wife to shoot her pistol, much less get into reloading.

Well with the long distance shooting reloading allows you to get tighter groupings. Since reloading is so time consuming might as well join in. Plus I'm working to kick his butt in shooting so I want to be the one to make my ammo, do the load data and take all the credit. But overall he's the better shooter hopefully not if I practice.

Hey there is always an occasion that the boyfriend should buy a new gun.. =)

Too True!! Lol!

I will definitely get back into looking around for places that I can try that out :)

I got a new target practice accessory that I'm wanting to become skilled with too. It's a cube that jumps when you shoot it & can take up to a .50 cal. The game, if you have the room to do this safely of course, is to shootit up into the air & get back on point & hit it again before it hits the ground.
Like an awesome version of Hacky Sack, lol
Have you ever tried one or anything of the like?

Too True!! Lol!

I will definitely get back into looking around for places that I can try that out :)

I got a new target practice accessory that I'm wanting to become skilled with too. It's a cube that jumps when you shoot it & can take up to a .50 cal. The game, if you have the room to do this safely of course, is to shootit up into the air & get back on point & hit it again before it hits the ground.
Like an awesome version of Hacky Sack, lol
Have you ever tried one or anything of the like?

I have to say I haven't! I've seen them though. Sounds like fun and it would be some good practice. Some times where we go to shoot they hold matches and I think the next one I'm going to participate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom