• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Teach me about Cigars guys

Macanudo Hyde Park is a real good smoke. Has a dark Maduro Wrap. It too is a Conn. Broadleaf wrapper, very mellow and mild . They are about a 50 ring size. The Hyde Park is pretty much my everyday smoke, esp when its time to cut grass. They can be a little pricey. The shop I frequent will cut you a deal when you buy alot. Another good smoke is the Drew Estates And the LaGloria Cuban Series R

I really enjoy Padron Cigars, and I prefer a Maduro Wrapper. I find they have a "coffee" note that is quite pleasing. I also smoke Punch London Club Cigars. Smaller in size, they're about a 40 minute smoke. Similar to the Padron.

The biggest thing with cigar smoking is DON'T RUSH. A cigar should be enjoyed. Note the changes in flavor as the cigar burns down. I often enjoy a cigar and a glass of Bourbon or Scotch while sitting on my deck in the evening.

Brickhouse!! all the way - If you haven't tried one of these, do it today. I prefer the 60, you will need a solid hour and a half for one of these. Worth every bit of the $6.50, best bang for the buck yet!

Ok as some of you may know I have started getting in to Cigars. Teach me here, what do I need to look for, whats good for a beginner to get as far as cigars and accessories? I am here to learn from the masters lol. teach me for I am your padawan.

Cubans are the best.

CT wrappers very nice

Make sure you have time to enjoy the whole thing, a 6-7 inch cigar can take 45 minutes to smoke, and if you rush it, it just gets hot. You should smoke it enough to keep it lit, but not so much that it gets hot. If you only have a short time, smoke a smaller stick.

Pick a size and brand you like and go from there.

Aurturo Feunte makes two I like, a Florifina 858, maduro wrapper. And the Hemingway Short Story. The 858 and a gin and tonic on the back porch... And the Short Story is the bl@# job of cigars... :D

Back
Top Bottom