• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Teach me about Cigars guys

You can not go wrong with Olivia, especially the V series and the NUB brand that Sam Leccia created for them.

Anyone buy a humidor online? What's a good one for a noob?

I would buy one from a storefront, you want to make sure the lid has a good closure and the wood is actually cedar. I wouldn't advise getting a cabinet model but you will be fine with just a small desktop unit. Also, the gell they sell for fake flower pots (Crystals that turn soft once water is added) are the best for maintaining your humidity. Also don't forget to season your humidor before placing your cigars in there

I would buy one from a storefront, you want to make sure the lid has a good closure and the wood is actually cedar. I wouldn't advise getting a cabinet model but you will be fine with just a small desktop unit. Also, the gell they sell for fake flower pots (Crystals that turn soft once water is added) are the best for maintaining your humidity. Also don't forget to season your humidor before placing your cigars in there

Thanks bro. What you mean by season? I read some where about cedar chips. Do they season the humidor?

Thanks bro. What you mean by season? I read some where about cedar chips. Do they season the humidor?

Like anything (Coffee Pots, Cast Iron Pots, Etc) they need to be seasoned. What I usually do to season mine is I take distilled water and soak a sponge, then I wipe down the entire insides of the humidor (Usually about three times, then I leave the unit to set and adjust its humidity) once the humidor maintains a stable humidity then I add the cigars. What happens with a lot of humidors is the cedar is still soaking up moisture along with the cigars and they cause the cigars to become brittle and crack.

I would suggest in a digital hygrometer as well, like food the cigars in a high temp high hummidity enviroment will spoil and hatch bugs (no fun to clean up) and likewise without a lot of humidity or low temps they become brittle adn crack.

Learn from The Master

cigar.jpg

Back
Top Bottom