• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Support Phil Robertson Facebook page

I thought y'all supported the ability of a private company to hire and fire as they wish.

I thought y'all supported the ability of a private company to hire and fire as they wish.
If a company fired an employee for making anti-Christian remarks at their OWN home.... you'd be good with that huh? How about if they fired him for making pro 2A remarks? Good with it?
I'm sure the ACLU has been pounding on the Robertson's door to represent Phil. The least amount of consistency from the left would be oh so refreshing. But then that would sort of unravel everything they 'stand' for wouldn't it?

If a company fired an employee for making anti-Christian remarks at their OWN home.... you'd be good with that huh? How about if they fired him for making pro 2A remarks? Good with it?
I'm sure the ACLU has been pounding on the Robertson's door to represent Phil. The least amount of consistency from the left would be oh so refreshing. But then that would sort of unravel everything they 'stand' for wouldn't it?

For anti-Christian yes, Pro Second, no. The difference lies in whether the remarks were in support of your opinion, or disparaging to another. As a business owner I would be fine with a tv personality defining their "brand" by telling their opinions, but I'd draw the line when that came to criticizing other's opinions. That's what cooked his goose...or duck.

1.4 million now. :cool: Nobody will get fired at a&e, rest assured. Promoted? Maybe.
Hopefully dd lands at another less wussified network.
the blaze welcomes the robertsons, look for one or more of the family to have a sit down with Glenn soon and chat, it's in the works, they may not move to the blaze but they will be a guest on the show...

I wonder how different this thread would be if Phil was an outspoken Muslim and was fired for publically supporting sharia law. What's the difference?

I ask again. What's the difference?

I see everyone ignored this post. I'm Agnostic BTW so don't think I'm hadji. FAR from it.

I see everyone ignored this post. I'm Agnostic BTW so don't think I'm hadji. FAR from it.

There isn't a difference....unfortunately though, there are more Hillbilly Christians in waders and camo than there are "hadjii's" = so this became an issue when it really never should have been. The guy said something that could have cost his employer money, so his employers canned him. End of line. Move on.

There isn't a difference....unfortunately though, there are more Hillbilly Christians in waders and camo than there are "hadjii's" = so this became an issue when it really never should have been. The guy said something that could have cost his employer money, so his employers canned him. End of line. Move on.

Damn. I hate it when we agree. :wave: :)

yep

Agreeing with you makes me feel icky and dirty, like my intestines are revolting. :)

27 pages in this thread, all because of this...

i.imgur.com_gSf9KhJ.gif

I wonder how different this thread would be if Phil was an outspoken Muslim and was fired for publically supporting sharia law. What's the difference?

I will be more than happy to disagree with both of you. In your haste to bash Hillbilly Christians, you are overlooking the Sharia Law part. Sharia law is a form of government and if someone was publically supporting Sharia Law they would have to be advocating the overthrow of and replacement of our current form of government. Are we talking sedition? Who knows? But it is very easy to see difference...

Back
Top Bottom