• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Super Speeder Question

marksman17

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Meal Team 6 Pro
53   0
Reaction score
Was stupid/unlucky the other day and got a super speeder in Worth County near Sylvester, GA for going 83 in a 55. It was a middle of nowhere on a 2 Lane Rd. The sheriffs office said that it'll cost around $450 plus the $200 Georgia state fee. Wondering if it is worth it to get a lawyer and try and find it, or just pay the fee. Got stopped 3 hrs from where I live, so physically going in to court is a bit far fetched, but wanted to see if anyone has had similar circumstances with any input. The cop had minor errors on the date on the ticket, and I had him calibrate the radar. He got me while driving in the opposite direction on the 2 lane road. I haven't gotten any super speeders before, and haven't had a ticket since December of 2018, which was for 14 over, but that isn't on my driving record/ I have no points on my license. Should I get a lawyer, is it worth the trouble, how much is a lawyer for something like this, and does anyone have any input?

I had the same kinda ticket last year. Talked to a lawyer, he was nice didn't charged me for the consultation. BUT he was straight forward to the truth and said "Hiring a lawyer is very expensive; it makes no sense for you to spend 3 to 5K for a ticket that you can settle for about $500 bucks. I would hire a lawyer if you had some DUI, which would cost you above 10 gran." - So, I took his advice and just decided to go to court and try to avoid at least the 3 points in my record and for them not to report to the DMV. So, I went to my court day and when they called me up I just opened up my heart and said what I needed, and that I was pleading to pay the County tickets and... blah blah blah... They did dropped the high speed, although I paid $300something. The DA scratched the speed written in the citation, and signed on the side. And said to me "I don't want to see you here again for a long time. Slow down and stay safe!!"

Was stupid/unlucky the other day and got a super speeder in Worth County near Sylvester, GA for going 83 in a 55. It was a middle of nowhere on a 2 Lane Rd. The sheriffs office said that it'll cost around $450 plus the $200 Georgia state fee. Wondering if it is worth it to get a lawyer and try and find it, or just pay the fee. Got stopped 3 hrs from where I live, so physically going in to court is a bit far fetched, but wanted to see if anyone has had similar circumstances with any input. The cop had minor errors on the date on the ticket, and I had him calibrate the radar. He got me while driving in the opposite direction on the 2 lane road. I haven't gotten any super speeders before, and haven't had a ticket since December of 2018, which was for 14 over, but that isn't on my driving record/ I have no points on my license. Should I get a lawyer, is it worth the trouble, how much is a lawyer for something like this, and does anyone have any input?
Going to court is far fetched? LOL. Go ahead and hire a lawyer for $5k and get the same deal you could get for yourself….

My son got one a few months ago . He was doing 92 mph. I asked him was he really going that fast and he said probably because he had just passed a semi truck when he got clocked. He paid a $ 300 plus dollar fine....... Are you trying to pretend like you were not speeding and did not deserve the ticket ?

I received one of those a few years back. I called and spoke with the court clerk and she said to send an email asking for a break. I did and they reduced the speed from 94 to 84 and nothing went against my licence or insurance BUT the fine stayed the same 425 bucks! Call the court clerk! Good luck!

My son got one a few months ago . He was doing 92 mph. I asked him was he really going that fast and he said probably because he had just passed a semi truck when he got clocked. He paid a $ 300 plus dollar fine....... Are you trying to pretend like you were not speeding and did not deserve the ticket ?
I definitely was speeding, not trying to deny it. I’m just seeing what my best option is. My estimated total fee is $650, and I got a buddy that said his lawyer was only a couple hundred, so that’s why I’m asking

I got a ticket for 91 on I-75 last year.

Copy paste from another thread:

I was looking back over my emails with my lawyer, the original fine was going to be $360 and the super speeder was going to be $200, and court costs were going to be about $150. Plus however much my insurance would have been raised over however many years.

From my lawyer:

"Good news, the Prosecutor has agreed to reduce your charge to something completely nonreporting. So this ticket will not show on your driving history or put points on your license, and you won't owe the $200 Super Speeder penalty. In exchange, they are requesting a fine of $300."

I paid the $300 for the fine, nothing for court costs and $750 for the lawyer.

Of course YMMV.

I received one of those a few years back. I called and spoke with the court clerk and she said to send an email asking for a break. I did and they reduced the speed from 94 to 84 and nothing went against my licence or insurance BUT the fine stayed the same 425 bucks! Call the court clerk! Good luck!
The sheriffs office secretary told me to contact the solicitor/prosecutor and ask. Maybe that is an option, not sure

Back
Top Bottom