• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Super Speeder Question

$5k for a lawyer for a speeding ticket? Fantasy land. It's been a few years and different county but I paid less than 1k and the lawyer made it go away.

Worth County, speeding tickets are handfled by the state court judge.

A local attorney will call, make an appointment with the judge, who will probably knock down the speed, and charge you close to the original fine. Lawyer should charge $200-500. Lawyer will have about 1/2 hour invested in the process, You don't want to do this in open court because it makes the judge look bad,

If you just up and pay the fine, you will paying through the nose for insurance for the next 3 years at least, and that's if your job doesn't have DL qualification of any sort. no fleet insurance or anything. You don't have to have A CDL for your employer's insurance to take a hit.

Yes, you might be able to write a letter to the clerk and get it knocked down, then again maybe not. Hiring a lawyer is insurance that you get the desired results.

Gotta pump those numbers up man. My son got 102 in 55 and was only 20yo. i told him we wouldn‘t ask the court for any favors, that there is no way I’m gonna let them think they are doing us any favors. Automatic 6 month license suspension since under 21, judge reduced the speed to 85 since he’s never had a ticket. Fines and court and defensive driving(what a joke)was $1500. He paid it himself same day and judge gave him a work permit to drive on. Still only 3 points.

The sheriffs office secretary told me to contact the solicitor/prosecutor and ask. Maybe that is an option, not sure
That’s literally what you need to do. I was a dumbass teen and drove way too fast, but dad always said be respectful and take your lumps. I’ve never had a county solicitor turn me down on dropping the speed when asked politely. The super speeder is a state money grab, ask to have the speed reduced so the points don’t go on your record and offer to pay the county charges in full. The reduction will remove the super speeder fine.

That’s literally what you need to do. I was a dumbass teen and drove way too fast, but dad always said be respectful and take your lumps. I’ve never had a county solicitor turn me down on dropping the speed when asked politely. The super speeder is a state money grab, ask to have the speed reduced so the points don’t go on your record and offer to pay the county charges in full. The reduction will remove the super speeder fine.
Yea I think that’s the cheapest and best option. Just gotta wait for the fine to be posted so he can look it up when I get in contact with him

What everyone should be doing is calling their local legislator and getting the "super speeder" fine legislation repealed, and traffic fines lowered to sane amounts. Some one should not have to forfeit 2-3 weeks pay for simple traffic violations. This is not about slowing people down, it's all about revenue collection. Tickets use to be reasonable, but the fines have become crazy. You go into one of the city courts (kangaroo courts) and it's obvious it is all about the money.

What everyone should be doing is calling their local legislator and getting the "super speeder" fine legislation repealed, and traffic fines lowered to sane amounts. Some one should not have to forfeit 2-3 weeks pay for simple traffic violations. This is not about slowing people down, it's all about revenue collection. Tickets use to be reasonable, but the fines have become crazy. You go into one of the city courts (kangaroo courts) and it's obvious it is all about the money.
Yes. But sadly that will probably work about as well as suppressor legalization letters to representatives

Just do a call in to the court on the court date, if they have that option. Also, reschedule your court date several times so the cop isn’t present during it. They usually schedule all their citation court dates on the same day to knock it out all at once. Just tell your side of the story. I’ve gotten these stupid tickets before and got them reduced or removed when there’s only one person telling the story. It’s not about safety, it’s about taking your money. As simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom