• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SUCCESS!!!! Remington 700 XCR 338 Lapua Magnum.

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
338 rem.jpg

So far, so good. It's a beautiful rifle and is very well made. Fit and finish are excellent and the whole thing is great quality. Two issues that I noticed were that the trigger would not adjust to under 4.5lbs, but that's a CYA by Remington and is easily overcome. (YouTube) The trigger is nice and crisp at 2.25lbs now. The other issue was that the brake is not indexed exactly to the horizontal, but it turns out that is intentional. It compensates for the torque of the 300 grain bullets spinning down the barrel.

Function during break in was flawless and after cleaning, oiling and a little gun grease in the right places and the action is very smooth. I have only shot three rounds for accuracy and had to stop because they were overpressure, but those three rounds were sub minute. I'll update as I develop the load.

The CA rifle may have been a lemon but at least it was fairly pleasant to shoot. Looking at the brake on the Remington I would have to guess this one must be even better. What does the rifle weigh?

The CA rifle may have been a lemon but at least it was fairly pleasant to shoot. Looking at the brake on the Remington I would have to guess this one must be even better. What does the rifle weigh?
It's at least as easy on the shoulder as the CA, but it has a hell of a blast. It was kicking dust up while I was shooting it standing. Fortunately, the blast isn't directed at the shooter, but anyone standing to the side....sucks to be you. Without the scope in comes in right at 9.75lbs.

Great! Glad ya finally got you a shooter!

One of this students in the class I'm teaching this weekend is using a Rem700 XCR LR in .300 WinMag. Very nice looking rifle and seems to shoot well for him.

It's at least as easy on the shoulder as the CA, but it has a hell of a blast. It was kicking dust up while I was shooting it standing. Fortunately, the blast isn't directed at the shooter, but anyone standing to the side....sucks to be you. Without the scope in comes in right at 9.75lbs.
That CA was rough when I stood beside you for 1 shot also lol. Looking at the brake on the Rem, I bet it is more intense though.

Back
Top Bottom