• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger LCRx .327 Federal Magnum Review (Video Included)

5   0
Reaction score
Guys, this has quickly become one of my favorite carry options. Admittedly, it only really makes sense if one reloads AND can find the components to do so for it. You get 6 rounds instead of 5 in a similarly sized gun chambered in .357 mag/ .38 special, it's concealable, has several different ammo choices (If you can find them) and is easy to find grips, holsters, and accessories for it.

.327 Fed Magnum is also a ballistic powerhouse. You get great penetration, fast enough velocity for expansion in a lot of barrel lengths, even the short ones, and you can step down to either .32 H&R Magnum, .32 S&W long, or .32 S&W if you need/ want to.

I would like to find the Henry Big Boy Steel Carbine in .327 Federal but they are like unicorns. I think that would make a great little carbine. Wish Winchester and Marlin would build one.

I would like to find the Henry Big Boy Steel Carbine in .327 Federal but they are like unicorns. I think that would make a great little carbine. Wish Winchester and Marlin would build one.
I'd like one too. I think it would be a nifty setup for sure. I'd probably end up bastardizing it a bit, and throwing a suppressor on it for some .32 Long quiet plinking. But I'm weird like that lol

I think the 327 Magnum was a great idea, and it's a shame that it didn't get more popular.
The lack of popularity has created ammunition shortages, and that's going to make guns in this round even LESS attractive.

Really, we need .32 caliber revolvers, and their ammo, to be as available, as plentiful and cheap (well, let's just say "affordable") as both .22 WMR and .38 SPL are.
The .32 is needed to fill that gap. To bridge the "recoil level" between those other 2 rounds, when fired from small alloy-framed or polymer-framed revolvers with 2" to 3" barrels. Guns that only weigh something like 13-16 ounces.

Back
Top Bottom